Rise of the Triad

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Rise of the Triad

Post#11 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:54 am

DarkVampire295 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:
fafadou wrote:I don't have it.
It's a scummvm game ?

It is a FPS game created on an enhanced Wolfenstein engine. It is also the game that Apogee created before changing the name to 3D Realms and making Duke Nukem 3D.

But that one is the shareware version bumfacekilla posted the link to the full registered version cdi on this thread

I was simply showing this for fafadou to see what the heck the game was since I quoted him and showed this as a response.

Not sure what that has to do with anything lol. I wasn't showing you this to download. :lol:

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#12 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
DarkVampire295 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:
It is a FPS game created on an enhanced Wolfenstein engine. It is also the game that Apogee created before changing the name to 3D Realms and making Duke Nukem 3D.

But that one is the shareware version bumfacekilla posted the link to the full registered version cdi on this thread

I was simply showing this for fafadou to see what the heck the game was since I quoted him and showed this as a response.

Not sure what that has to do with anything lol. I wasn't showing you this to download. :lol:

oh lol well if fafadou wants to download it and burn it there will be sleepless nights in his house lol
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#13 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:35 am

Dreamshell covers

Rise of the Triad.jpg
Rise of the Triad.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 5102 times

Rise of the triad (Homebrew).jpg
Rise of the triad (Homebrew).jpg (75.3 KiB) Viewed 5102 times

cmoxm
undertow

Post#14 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:46 am

DarkVampire295 wrote:
bumfacekilla wrote:Apologies, but I borked the in-game music when I extracted ROTT from the compilation. Previous link is now dead, anybody interested please use this link. Same as a before, there's a small cdi for ODEs and a larger one for burning, just this time with music. :lol:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

burned it and it is indeed the full version thank you very much :)

I've played both the CD-R and ODE version on my GDEMU and it freezes when I kill General John Darian. Is there a fix for this?

cmoxm
undertow

Post#15 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:48 am

Anyone know how to fix Rise of the Triad on the GDEMU? When I kill General John Darian it freezes.

thulsadoom
shadow

Post#16 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:19 pm

Thanks much for the linkage. I only got the chance to play ROTT shareware as a kid. Now I've got it in FULL on my DC! Sweet!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 pm

cmoxm wrote:
DarkVampire295 wrote:
bumfacekilla wrote:Apologies, but I borked the in-game music when I extracted ROTT from the compilation. Previous link is now dead, anybody interested please use this link. Same as a before, there's a small cdi for ODEs and a larger one for burning, just this time with music. :lol:

burned it and it is indeed the full version thank you very much :)

I've played both the CD-R and ODE version on my GDEMU and it freezes when I kill General John Darian. Is there a fix for this?

Was only a alpha try saving at some point then loading it to there are bound to be crashes or memory problems with bero's old stuff

this is dc homebrew from 2002 /3

elpetro
shadow

Post#18 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:40 am

This is great! Thank you!

cmoxm
undertow

Post#19 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:28 pm

Have you tested this game on a dreamcast? If get to the last level with General John Darian, after killing him see if you can get to the next stage?

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#20 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:44 pm

cmoxm wrote:Have you tested this game on a dreamcast? If get to the last level with General John Darian, after killing him see if you can get to the next stage?

it probably hasn't been play tested that far but I will give it a try I have it burned to a cd-r
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV