Rise of the Triad

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Re: Rise of the Triad

Post#31 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm

cmoxm wrote:I've also tried with other characters and I get the same result after killing the General. The console freezes. When resuming from a save in any level it is fine.

Upon further testing I saved multiple files they all loaded up just fine no crashing I overwritten the saves on another playthrough they play just fine so no save or load issues going on when I killed the general it loaded just fine no crashing however I did notice something when I killed the general my dc made a disc grind noise as in loading the next sequence since I have it burned to a cd-r that might be the problem your having since you have a GDEMU its not letting you get past that so at this point what I would do is get a cheap sd card maybe 2 gb just put that game on there and try that I don't think its a serious issue I just think its something stupid like that also make sure the testing sd card you will use is sandisk I seen many no name brand SD cards become corrupt or just not made correctly so I would just try that first if it don't work come back here we will get it right if it takes all night
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

cmoxm
undertow

Post#32 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I won't bother with this game as I only use 1 sd card for all my games on the GDEMU.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#33 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:28 pm

DarkVampire295 wrote:
cmoxm wrote:I've also tried with other characters and I get the same result after killing the General. The console freezes. When resuming from a save in any level it is fine.

Upon further testing I saved multiple files they all loaded up just fine no crashing I overwritten the saves on another playthrough they play just fine so no save or load issues going on when I killed the general it loaded just fine no crashing however I did notice something when I killed the general my dc made a disc grind noise as in loading the next sequence since I have it burned to a cd-r that might be the problem your having since you have a GDEMU its not letting you get past that so at this point what I would do is get a cheap sd card maybe 2 gb just put that game on there and try that I don't think its a serious issue I just think its something stupid like that also make sure the testing sd card you will use is sandisk I seen many no name brand SD cards become corrupt or just not made correctly so I would just try that first if it don't work come back here we will get it right if it takes all night

Well that saved me a lot work thanks mate..

cmoxm
undertow

Post#34 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:23 pm

I really really like the game on the dreamcast. If you could maybe look into the problem as to why it wont work on the GDEMU? The game is a timeless classic.

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#35 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:53 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
DarkVampire295 wrote:

Well that saved me a lot work thanks mate..

your very welcome
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#36 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:53 am

cmoxm wrote:I really really like the game on the dreamcast. If you could maybe look into the problem as to why it wont work on the GDEMU? The game is a timeless classic.

I would just leave the game the way it is once you kill the general its the end of the game anyway you just get a cutscene
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

cmoxm
undertow

Post#37 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm

I'll try it and see if it goes to the next scene. I've left it for around 20 minutes in the past and nothing has changed.

cmoxm
undertow

Post#38 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:21 pm

I tested the General level and just after I killed him... when you see the picture of the general the screen went black. My VMU made a strange noise, and I had to change the date and time on it.

cmoxm
undertow

Post#39 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

I've used the CD-R version of the game, the one you posted just recently. I also have tried the game using the other version and I get the same result. My console works fine with every other game. I guess the only real way to know if it is a bug in the game is to test it on another console with a GDEMU.

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#40 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:13 am

It would be up to Ian if he wants to rebuild the game hes the only one who can since bero left but hes super busy I would also like to see a more definitive version my own personal advice is play the new games he comes out with and wait until this game gets repaired in time thats what I do
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV