Gens4All with Z80 Emulation

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Re: Gens4All with Z80 Emulation

Post#61 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:42 pm

I had time to test this gem ! Thank you so much TapamN !!

Thans Ian for sharing you compilation, you made my day.

I hope we will be able to remove those black tiles on some scrollings (mainly on the left side).

Is it possible to hide the "debug meter" or whatever it is called in the lower left corner ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#62 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:50 pm

CrashMidnick wrote:I had time to test this gem ! Thank you so much TapamN !!

I hope we will be able to remove those black tiles on some scrollings (mainly on the left side).

Is it possible to hide the "debug meter" or whatever it is called in the lower left corner ?

Yes i can remove the debug but i did not as this is only rc3 and he is still working on and it's his project..
and with the debug meter on you know it's not final version so people know it's alpha

he is working on the black tiles on the side left side mostly..
He talked about that in the last update for now it's a good look at what he is doing

It's great work by TapmN Again think you for doing this for dreamcast using your talent ..

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#63 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:

Yes i can remove the debug but i did not as this is only rc3 and he is still working on and it's his project..
and with the debug meter on you know it's not final version so people know it's alpha

he is working on the black tiles on the side left side mostly..
He talked about that in the last update for now it's a good look at what he is doing

It's great work by TapmN Again think you for doing this for dreamcast using your talent ..

That is great !

About the debug meter, I spent 10 minutes to try many key combos to remove it :lol: :lol: :lol:

TapamN
letterbomb

Post#64 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:51 pm

There should be an option to turn it off if you open up the in game menu (press up on analog stick in game) then go to the video settings menu and change the "Timing is shown" option. If it says "Raster lines shown", you can change that option to disable the lines on the left edge showing where rasters occur.

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#65 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Thanks for the info !

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#66 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:02 pm

SRAM error on Hardball 95.

Analog up for in-game menu is not working - nothing happens - what am I doing wrong?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#67 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:15 pm

MoeFoh wrote:SRAM error on Hardball 95.

Analog up for in-game menu is not working - nothing happens - what am I doing wrong?

This is version 3 i compiled no saving enabled best to wait for TapamN to release it i was asked to compile it for a freind for a test thats it

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#68 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm

TapamN wrote:

There should be an option to turn it off if you open up the in game menu (press up on analog stick in game) then go to the video settings menu and change the "Timing is shown" option. If it says "Raster lines shown", you can change that option to disable the lines on the left edge showing where rasters occur.

Rendering overhead has been reduced to around 2.0-2.2 ms. Originally, when creating the Genesis VRAM texture, it would write to main RAM, then DMA it into the DC's video memory. It would have to wait for DMA to complete, since it interfered with writing to the TA. Now it writes directly to VRAM using SQs. When I first wrote it, trying to SQ to VRAM was much slower than writing to main RAM then DMAing to VRAM, but I've learned that it's possible to SQ to video RAM at DMA speeds. You can't use the address KOS returns when allocating VRAM, you have to convert it to the address used for DMA (basically, replace the top byte of the pointer with 0x11), set some of the DMA registers, then SQ there.

Do you have an example of this very simple i can learn off..

I have to have this dumbed down for me (basically, replace the top byte of the pointer with 0x11), set some of the DMA registers, then SQ there.

Or maybe where it is in this emulator.. I cant seem to find that part..

Example i do this how would i use what your saying

Code: Select all

__inline__  void StreamTexturePVR( StreamBuffer * sbuf  )
{
    int i, n;
    register  unsigned int *s = (unsigned int *)StreamBuffer_Pop(sbuf);
    register   unsigned int *d = (unsigned int *)(void *) (0xe0000000 | (((unsigned long)sbuf->vramData) & 0x03ffffe0));
    register unsigned int *dreal=(unsigned int *)sbuf;
//   register unsigned int *s = (unsigned int *)src;
   uint32 count = sbuf->imgWidth * 2;

/* Set store queue memory area as desired */
  //  QACR0 = ((((unsigned int)sbuf->vramData)>>26)<<2)&0x1c;
  //  QACR1 = ((((unsigned int)sbuf->vramData)>>26)<<2)&0x1c;

register unsigned qa=((((unsigned int)sbuf->vramData)>>26)<<2)&0x1c;
      QACR0 = qa;
      QACR1 = qa;

for( i = 0; i < sbuf->imgHeight; i++ )
    {                       
     d = (unsigned int *)(void *)
      (0xe0000000 | (((unsigned long)sbuf->vramData+(i*(sbuf->texWidth * 2))) & 0x03ffffe0));

n = count>>5;

while(n--) {
      asm("pref @%0" : : "r" (s + 8)); // prefetch 32 bytes for next loop
      d[0] = *(s++);
      d[1] = *(s++);
      d[2] = *(s++);
      d[3] = *(s++);
      d[4] = *(s++);
      d[5] = *(s++);
      d[6] = *(s++);
      d[7] = *(s++);
      asm("pref @%0" : : "r" (d));
      asm("ocbi @%0" : : "r" (dreal));
      d += 8;
      dreal += 8;
     }
   }
   /* Wait for both store queues to complete */
   d = (unsigned int *)0xe0000000;
   d[0] = d[8] = 0;   
}

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#69 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Got round to trying this - WOW! Fantastic emulation and sounds amazing. Great work! Looking forward to an update with save support!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#70 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:05 pm

MoeFoh wrote:SRAM error on Hardball 95.

I did not realize that! With Hardball 94 working, I made an assumption. My bad, evidently.

And yeah, as Ian stated, the in-game menu hasn't been implemented yet with this build. As soon as it's updated and working, I'll be retesting the faulty games and updating this pack. Will also add that menu info to the "help" page.