GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#1 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:09 am

I have made a version of gnu boy with intro that you can use to auto port your games for GB studio for dreamcast it's easy to use make your GB game on pc using the Game boy studio

The intro can have your game name and ADX sound music it's set right now to a few files to make it look and feel like a real ported game you can make for dreamcast in very retro and cool style the emulator has been customized and built so this is easy and seamless.

See the demo below i can add more and even cdda music to and other effects right now we have working ADX music for my RAD_fade intro api which has cross fade and music make it retail like .. Just replace the demo images with your own and use https://tinypng.com/ to compress them . You can now make your own indie retro games for dreamcast..

A quick and easy to use drag and drop retro game creator for your favourite handheld video game system
https://github.com/chrismaltby/gb-studio

Yes you can make color games with sound and music GBC support

Future features
cdda stereo sound tracks for your games
fmv intro

Example of GB studio game using the Dreamcast auto port maker loader for GB studio games

Update saving save state fix for this update

Files updated

Author of GB studio
GB Studio is a visual game builder with no programming knowledge required allowing you to make real Game Boy ROMs in minutes. You can run the games on any emulator or you can run them on your Game Boy if you've got a flash cart!

Full documentation is available at https://www.gbstudio.dev/.

It's open source too!

Can't wait to see what you make!

- Chris

In GB Studio 2.00 You can set what kind of scene it is. So Far you can choose; Top down 2D, Platformer, Shoot'em up and point click. and you can do this with in a game to have many styles
https://www.gbstudio.dev/about/

MSQbLi.jpg
MSQbLi.jpg (58.33 KiB) Viewed 7279 times

Example GB studio game
Deadeus is an authentic horror Gameboy game developed using Chris Maltby’s GB Studio engine, Featuring music by Stuart Busby.

The game centers around a small boy who has a prophetic nightmare telling him everyone will die in 3 days and that he has to investigate his village to see how he can save them, if at all.

The game has 11 endings and no direct path leaving it up to the player to decide which is the best course of action.

The game comes as a ROM file, to play it you will need to download an emulator to your device. For PC users I recommend BGB Emulator and have included a config file in the folder for the best set up for the game. If you can run a GB/ GBC emulator on it you can run Deadeus on it, during development it has been played on a PC, Mac, PSVita, GB, GBC, Android and even a Nintendo Switch

The game is also playable on an original Gameboy using a flashcart or other emulation cartridge.

Special Edition

The special edition of Deadeus will come with a whole folder full of concept art, process work and desktop wallpapers as well as a map to help you get around the world AND some sneaky peeks at what is to come in the future of Deadeus

--

"Deadeus is a masterclass in efficiency, and manages to tell a big story with delightful brevity. 9.5" - Matthew Loffhagen, Nintendo Force

"Deadeus offers some horrifying imagery despite the limitations of the Game Boy, and all while offering a tangled, frightening story that will take a great deal of work to unravel." - IndieGamePlus.com

"Deadeus does a truly charming job of being sinister" - DigitallyDownloaded.com

https://izma.itch.io/deadeus

All files provided to make your own auto port games for dreamcast

CDDA music while the auto port runs you can set your GB studio game to have music dynamic and CDDA to be background the most advanced sound for any GBC game full GB sound effects and music and also CD stereo music :)

as promised working on hardware :) what can you do well have up to 40 tracks small size and loop or cycle music it has no connection to the rom game you make you use the normal gb music as dynamic music or showing events leave the cdda for the real score of the game making the most advanced game possible sound wise with zero framerate impact :)

Version 2 will be out with more testing soon or when asked for

Video demo of both working together how you make the music what you use is your plan not mine

Attachments
gnuboy[Auto]plain[fix]s.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
gnuboy[autoport]demo[fix]s.rar
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
adxencd[converter].rar
(47.15 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
gnuboydc[autoport]src.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:53 am, edited 8 times in total.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#2 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:46 am

This is really cool .

Maybe I will be first out with my little homemade game then :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#3 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:52 am

FlorreW wrote:This is really cool .

I agree it is really cool.
FlorreW, make a homebrew game!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:52 am

I hope so :) futher interest will make me do more like the enhanced features i talked about i can have cdda in game as the background gb music as the dynamic

also proper start menu fmv intro all that but if there is no interest then it's very much can do josh prod like thing with it as this first version stands

got so many projects there has to be interest for me to dedicate my time to it..

I can make the most enhanced version with features the gb and gbc cant do since the game can be made to suit the added feature like cdda in game

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 am

SMiTH wrote:

I agree it is really cool.
FlorreW, make a homebrew game!

He is making one it's coming along good we often talk about things this all come about because of his game :)

Alexislight
minority

Post#6 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:57 am

it is very impressive, so much potential in it! thanks ian!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:02 am

Alexislight wrote:it is very impressive, so much potential in it! thanks ian!

It really does GB studio 2.0 you can make many styles and have full colour and this is GBC enabled auto port version intro and other added things will come when people ask or want something

Remember that any menus or music or fmv i can do from scratch ..

Added things like cdda in game and GB music dynamic would make it the most enhanced GB games you could have..

Got remember the core is GBC/GB emulator but anything else around i can enhance

game enhancements are done on the pc side since now he open up the engine people are writing plug ins so things like metal slug games can be done..

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#9 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:41 am

This looks cool Ian! I might try it out. Thanks.