WIP Super ThunderCats: The Lost Eye of Thundera -BOR on DC

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Super ThunderCats: The Lost Eye of Thundera -BOR on DC

Post#81 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Your doing great for sure dont know if you seen ripfires new one i show driving and platforming

Framerate is 60fps most of the time After driving is platforming

I have debug on just go intro system and turn on debug and you will get what framerate it's rendering and how much ram is used and how much is left

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#82 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm

marchegiano wrote:
Dakangel wrote:
marchegiano wrote:Lol, I had a simple ab order working fine so I went for a correct usage of the panel system. I chopped the level into 14 different panels which gave me the ability to order them less linearly . Now I'm not sure why but now the game just goes to credits rather than load the level.

Wow man, you are already mastered the correct panel usage, i really hope more creators do the same,
hey this is a a recent post in the new openbor forums:
A game that teaches how to use bg layers, to give more life to your games, not only with panels but with layers too.
https://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index ... -demo.105/

The bad thing is that you NEED to register in the site to acces the downloads
The good thing is that all bans and past problems were sorted and this is a "new" start with new forum, altought i still dont want to re enter to it.

marchegiano wrote:Still getting a huge drop in fps from a certain point in the level that doesn't recover until the level is over.
When I get there, the level spawns quite a few more enemies than other parts, might that have something to do with it?

You still need to edit the spawns to erase or create more of them and there is a way to edit the stages to free memory when the levels are finished.
You first need to "know" every non playable character from the models text and those knowed need to be loaded in a certain way in their stages.
in the current stage text you must write (if you want of course) in the header text just after the panels and fglayers:

Code: Select all

load thespawnedthing 3
where "load", well, load the entity the level use; 
"thespawnenthing" is the entity name from the models; and
"3" is the conditioner to unload that entity with their assets and scripts just after the level ends

Every entity spawned included some panel entities must be included in the list with the conditioner, one by one.

I think I have the theory of it down. I wouldn't say mastered, I don't have an example to compare to. I did look, a lot, but everytime I paxplode a pak and dig into their data folder I just see one panel. So while I think I have it correct there's still some things I need to investigate. Even when I see more than one panel in the folder the text seems to always have just one panel. Which I don't understand tbh. Seems easier if I'm starting from scratch to make panels than a whole level all at once. Especially if there is a mirroring effect. I didn't look or notice one, but, a half panel mirrored for like mountains or some symmetrical shaped like that would mean you only have to produce a little bit of art to make a nice sized level with plenty of variety.

I've downloaded the teaching game, thanks a bunch for that heads up. I'll give it a whirl before I ask any questions about that stuff but given it deals in background and our goal is optimization I do have one question that I'm pretty sure the game won't answer.

Would it be unwise to attempt to cut the levels in half and make more levels out of them? Instead of level one going to two I could cut two in half and make level one go to the first half of my original level two for my new level two which would lead into the second half of the original level two for my new level three.

I'm leaning heavy toward that but if it's just going to make my levels shorter and be a bunch of work that means nothing I'll not.

The levels cut in half idea is very good idea might work for some of the bigger games out there. Just remember to use the code to empty out memory so next level will load. Another hurdle is since some of the bigger games are made for pc they front load everything into memory since pc has infinite amount compared to consoles. So deciding what gets front loaded and then half levels loaded will make or break the games.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#83 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:57 pm

DreamBOR wrote:
dubcity wrote:no worries man. thanks

The link is available with optimized GIF (I had to give some retouching in the scenes' times), I added to the credits.
El enlace esta disponible con los gif optimizado (tuve que dar algunos retoques en los tiempos de las escenas), te añadi a los creditos.

Ironic , i was to post a file with all the scenes optimized by me for that game.
Well i leave the link here, maybe coud be useful or maybe not.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1pln7niy ... d.rar/file

All the scenes file sizes were trimmed and reduced to half and there is a folder with more shorter alternate opening sequences.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:18 pm

DreamBOR wrote:
dubcity wrote:
no worries man. thanks

The link is available with optimized GIF (I had to give some retouching in the scenes' times), I added to the credits.

El enlace esta disponible con los gif optimizado (tuve que dar algunos retoques en los tiempos de las escenas), te añadi a los creditos.

Awesome! Thanks

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#85 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Dakangel wrote:
DreamBOR wrote:
dubcity wrote:no worries man. thanks

Ironic , i was to post a file with all the scenes optimized by me for that game.
Well i leave the link here, maybe coud be useful or maybe not.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1pln7niy ... d.rar/file

All the scenes file sizes were trimmed and reduced to half and there is a folder with more shorter alternate opening sequences.

Thanks.

maybe now I can make a copy for gdemu and hdd users

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#86 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 pm

I plan to attempt cutting levels in half this weekend.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Re: WIP Super ThunderCats: The Lost Eye of Thundera -BOR on DC

Post#87 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am

So, yesterday, I messed up my younger brother's project. He's doing one of those epoxy-wood table deals for a large fish tank. He asked me to route it, which I did, but I slipped on a corner and buzzed it right off. So I spent until 3am rebuilding it because wood is like the hardest texture to capture in plastic. It took forever! :lol:

Today I have a little sanding for him to do but I think I should be done with that in a few hours and will be able to work on Tcats some. Hopefully I'll have something to look at by tonight.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Re: WIP Super ThunderCats: The Lost Eye of Thundera -BOR on DC

Post#88 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:13 am

Same story buds, just thought I'd reiterate so no one thinks I pansied away.

I'm just swamped with work at the moment. I should get a few weeks free pretty soon though.