Character background used in DreamSNES.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

aldair
Metallic

Character background used in DreamSNES.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Waaaaaay back when, there was a SNES emulator for the Dreamcast called DreamSNES. During the various updates, it used different artwork for the menu background. The one it used for the longest was of a tattooed anime girl, dressed in robes with a staff.
An internet search of DreamSNES attributes to the artwork to a Kathy Choi and links to her (Long dead) Elfwood page. A Google search of Kathy Choi brings up a lot of either unrelated Kathy's, or the right Kathy who's long since buried that era of her art. There's a few low res photos of the background floating around Google image search like this one. I'm wanting to find either a higher res version, or if the character is an actual character or just a fan creation.
TL;DR - http://laboratory.dcfan.net.ru/img/emul ... snes_1.jpg
A higher res version of that, or the characters name.

Link:https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/4exw11/tomtimagecharacter_background_used_in_dreamsnes_a/

sonik
Developer

Re: Character background used in DreamSNES.

Post#2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm

I've downloaded all of Kathy's drawings back in the day. Need to look at my backup discs...
I call this picture "the girl with the inverted thumb"
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: Character background used in DreamSNES.

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:34 am

sonik wrote:I've downloaded all of Kathy's drawings back in the day. Need to look at my backup discs...
I call this picture "the girl with the inverted thumb"

HAHAHAHAHA, you made my day i didn't notice the "error" ,maybe is an alien girl with that anomaly on purpose, unlike the feet that look normal.

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”