GDEMU/CDR AMIGA AUTOPORT COLLECTION ASB UAE4all 4.0

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ransom
fire

Re: GDEMU/CDR AMIGA AUTOPORT COLLECTION ASB UAE4all 4.0

Post#61 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:24 pm

My CDI's are only tested with ReDream emulator at the moment until I get my GDEMU delivered from fleabay... Any games not running correctly on real HW, I need to know

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#62 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:55 pm

ransom wrote:My CDI's are only tested with ReDream emulator at the moment until I get my GDEMU delivered from fleabay... Any games not running correctly on real HW, I need to know

I'm perfectly happy with a redream only release. It's an ideal way to launch this many CDI's without having to build a menu. A separate release of hardware only games would be nice. I'll be testing the CDI's on redream on my nvidia shield tv (android) tonight.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

ransom
fire

Post#63 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:02 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
ransom wrote:My CDI's are only tested with ReDream emulator at the moment until I get my GDEMU delivered from fleabay... Any games not running correctly on real HW, I need to know

I'm perfectly happy with a redream only release. It's an ideal way to launch this many CDI's without having to build a menu. A separate release of hardware only games would be nice. I'll be testing the CDI on redream on my nvidia shield tv (android) tonight.

That's a great idea, i can't be bothered trying it on my shield, let me know how they perform. If redream PC is 1:1 with android it should be perfect.

I'm looking forward testing them on real hw when my gdemu arrives in the mail.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#64 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:07 pm

ransom wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

I'm perfectly happy with a redream only release. It's an ideal way to launch this many CDI's without having to build a menu. A separate release of hardware only games would be nice. I'll be testing the CDI on redream on my nvidia shield tv (android) tonight.

That's a great idea, i can't be bothered trying it on my shield, let me know how they perform. If redream PC is 1:1 with android it should be perfect.

Just downloaded ALL the packages. Crikey, you must have some great caffeinated coffee where you live!

I prep all GDEMU cards with RUFUS: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... mat_rufus/
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

ransom
fire

Post#65 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
ransom wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Just downloaded ALL the packages. Crikey, you must have some great caffeinated coffee where you live!

I prep all GDEMU cards with RUFUS: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... mat_rufus/

Haha, Nah no Coffee here in Downunder Australia. I'm driven by Amiga Passion, 30+ years of exp with both Emulation and real hw :)

Thanks for the GDEMY RUFUS info, its all new to me and ill certainly have a look at it...

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#66 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 pm

ransom wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
ransom wrote:

Haha, Nah no Coffee here in Downunder Australia. I'm driven by Amiga Passion, 30+ years of exp with both Emulation and real hw :)

Thanks for the GDEMY RUFUS info, its all new to me and ill certainly have a look at it...

Just a heads up. I looked at the CDI's. GDEMU/GDMENU will display "BootDreams" as the title on all these. You have to hex edit IP.BIN to the proper name. Not sure on 0GDTEX.PVR, it's an unusual size and format, not sure how it will work with GDMENU.

You will definitely want to start a new thread with these releases.
- Charles Bukowski

ransom
fire

Post#67 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Yeah I knew about that but had no idea how to fix it. Ill fix all the CDi's and re upload, also make another thread is a good idea..

How do you get an image of a cdi to show in ReDream?

attached is an example of a game with the name bootip changed..

Now to figure out how to add art for redream as well?

Actually I don't think it's possible to add redream art, that art is done from redream servers for official games

All i need now is someone to try this attached cdi with gdemu to make sure it works before i ammend all my remaining amiga cdi's
Attachments
Alien 3.rar
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 167 times

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#68 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:28 am

Right, there won't be any artwork in redream as it gets it from its own server.

Issues:

IP.BIN - your hex editing caused a bad IP.BIN to be written out and caused the CDI not to boot under demul or hardware. It has the wrong size. I use HxD for Windows.

0GDTEX.PVR - yours will need redone. They lockup GDMENU. This is the PVR that GDMENU displays when the title is highlighted.

I loaded your PVR and created a new by using WINPVR.EXE.

And saved it out with these setting:
Format - 565
Options - all UNCHECKED.

It worked in GDMENU.

I made the CDI from BootDreams in audio/data format, instead of data/data format. I just prefer that format.

Attachments:
Alien 3 source
Alien 3 cdi
of my working hardware build for you to examine.

And just tested my CDI on redream (Android) and it worked.
Attachments
ALIEN_3_source_moefoh.zip
SOURCE
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
ALIEN_3_cdi_moefoh.zip
CDI
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 271 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Charles Bukowski

ransom
fire

Post#69 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:34 am

That's strange Ian tried out my older ones with his gdemu and they worked?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#70 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 am

ransom wrote:That's strange Ian tried out my older ones with his gdemu and they worked?

Entirely possible with the original unmodified IP.BIN and no 0GDTEX.PVR.
- Charles Bukowski