GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Re: International Karate Plus IK+ AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#51 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I'm glad you liked it mate :) I'm very happy with how it turned out I would like all to be to this level :) you have some great idea's there to get redream to show dreamcast logo you need a real dreamcast bios not use the HLE bios.. We could prolly have an Android box and redream custom version that booted it right up hehe.. It would feel like almost what commodore could of done.. Amiga cd32 is cool and all there is some good games on it.. I just wanted to do a what if and if this Amiga cd16 came out in say 1988 what a thing it would of been hehe lol.. Glad you bought into the fantasy of it what i was going for :)

I thinking about coding a real cd player and bios you can go to something like the megacd just to make it even more real feeling but i will think about it..

Thank you for the post and talking about how it made you feel that's inspiring to me :)

I really like the add's idea's 80's to back up the whole thing.. Prolly be some people believe this is a real console over time lol

Thanks a bunch bud!

I just want to make sure I have everything correct and I didn't forget anything or mess anything up.

The Amiga CD16 controls are:

Left Trigger - Open On Screen Keyboard
Right Trigger - Close On Screen Keyboard
Both Triggers - Super Throttle
A - Fire
B - Nothing
A and B - Music
X - Up
Y - Change Disk
X and Y - Nothing
Dpad - Dpad
Start - Nothing good

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: International Karate Plus IK+ AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#52 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:58 pm

B and Y are mouse buttons if i remember emulated left and right mouse click..

analog is mouse pointer :)

Emulated mouse is also using the controller..

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#53 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:20 am

Ian Micheal wrote:B and Y are mouse buttons if i remember emulated left and right mouse click..

Glad I asked! I forgot about the mouse entirely.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#54 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:27 am

marchegiano wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:B and Y are mouse buttons if i remember emulated left and right mouse click..

you should check if the remapping keyboard-key to controller button works too
iirc it was another possibility

X, Y, and B buttons should be reconfigurable
open the virtual keyboard, select a key and push that key with the button you want to remap with that key

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#55 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 pm

kremiso wrote:
marchegiano wrote:

open the virtual keyboard, select a key and push that key with the button you want to remap with that key

That's very simple so I doubt I mucked it up but just in case I did I'm going to try to be very detailed.

Left trigger, opened keyboard, went to right arrow, hit Y, got no visual reaction but I closed anyway with right trigger and tried Y in game. No change

B was exactly the same. No reaction from the on screen keyboard and no change in game.

X confirms visually you've pressed the on screen button. When I go to right arrow and select it with X I get a confirmation the button was pressed from the on screen keyboard, but, no changes in game.

I doubt it makes any difference at all but I did try at the load screen and during gameplay. Same story.

I only have IK at the moment so I can't say if say Road Rash or Disposables is any different but by the end of the day I'll reacquire the others and try them as well.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#56 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:50 pm

marchegiano wrote:
kremiso wrote:
marchegiano wrote:

That's very simple so I doubt I mucked it up but just in case I did I'm going to try to be very detailed.

Left trigger, opened keyboard, went to right arrow, hit Y, got no visual reaction but I closed anyway with right trigger and tried Y in game. No change

B was exactly the same. No reaction from the on screen keyboard and no change in game.

X confirms visually you've pressed the on screen button. When I go to right arrow and select it with X I get a confirmation the button was pressed from the on screen keyboard, but, no changes in game.

I doubt it makes any difference at all but I did try at the load screen and during gameplay. Same story.

I only have IK at the moment so I can't say if say Road Rash or Disposables is any different but by the end of the day I'll reacquire the others and try them as well.

prolly it's just X that can be reconfigured then
mine was a general reasoning, not specific to this game, but to let you know that if a game use keyboard keys, you can map them to the X (not sure anymore about Y and B, i need to ckeck again)

ie with ik+ ,if you prefer you can assign the keys to change the game speed
atm i can not remember what they were F6, F7 ?

another example, Turrican ie use the spacebar to shoot the energy beam, or to transform in spiked star when crouched down (plus spacebar too)
in that case the assign is essential ;)

btw, i need to check again on my side too, prolly I might get confused with another release

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#57 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:57 pm

I just have to say, Xenon II runs incredibly well. I've never experienced it with such a smooth frame rate. I remember completing the choppy Master System version when I was young, so this is a massive step up for me :lol:

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#58 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:45 pm

Motorhead with, you know, Motorhead on the cdda, would be awesome.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#59 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:05 pm

I actually got a little distracted by reading the thread. I forgot to ask.

I've recently purchased this version of rygar:
https://mcgeezer.itch.io/rygar-aga

9b6A34.png
9b6A34.png (166.12 KiB) Viewed 3026 times

It's a name your price so any of youse guys can check it out if you like, but it's not an a500 game. You'll need the higher Amiga kick roms and to set your emulator to one of them. I think I'm on 4000 but I'd have to check, ask me if you have trouble and I'll show you my exact settings.

But that issue brings me to my question:
At the moment, as I understand it, we are emulating a 500, which is fine, but are 1200 - 4000 on the table for either style of the autoboot uae4all?

I'd simply exchange the kicks around and give it a test but unfortunately I downloaded a pack of kickroms when I needed them and I'm not even sure which one is the one to co-relates to which Amiga. So I wouldn't know which kick rom to swap out.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#60 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:05 pm

Kickrom included here is last you can use it should run anything but this is ocs chipset not aga

Not really any cpu time to support it aga chipset is very heavy compared..