Ransom's Amiga to Dreamcast CDI's

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Ransom's Amiga to Dreamcast CDI's

Post#71 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:38 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Well if you going to take alpha software and then put 200+ games on it.. And they even run then say that... what are you expecting it would play every game the same i have 12 renders for this emulator. This build is using only 1 from my src base was for one game LOL the fact it's running over 200 games is more then shocking to me

Having any option based on one render and one version of an emulator i have 24 defines for this the dev build does not even support video modes it was is alpha why i dont like these type of compo things in the first place as one persons runs one of these that runs bad and thinks they all do..

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

Could do the same with Dreamneo cd yet i have versions that run games 100% perfect or close to it.. if you used any other or the alpha for that game it be half speed..

Maybe you did not understand the why for this dev build in the first place it was never even close to final

Why i did not put out a set of games each game optimizing for it would take up to month each hours and hours of work

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. I see this as a starting point, not as an endpoint. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

Updates will be for each game it's for so putting 200 on that updated will make others run worst then some of these
do this is the problem..

Thanks this was request from a father to have there young kid able to play amiga was for one game .. you can do what you want with it ..

thanks just kinda of strange want see what it can do download IK+ 100% speed and works unlike this build above..

100% speed smooth :)

I knew nothing about the Amiga, hardware or software, so there is always the educational proccess, even if the games don't run at full-speed.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#72 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:44 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. I see this as a starting point, not as an endpoint. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

Updates will be for each game it's for so putting 200 on that updated will make others run worst then some of these
do this is the problem..

Thanks this was request from a father to have there young kid able to play amiga was for one game .. you can do what you want with it ..

thanks just kinda of strange want see what it can do download IK+ 100% speed and works unlike this build above..

100% speed smooth :)

I knew nothing about the Amiga, hardware or software, so there is always the educational proccess, even if the games don't run at full-speed.

I guess that's good problem is also knowing how these game really did run lol there are some amiga games that hit 10 to 15fps on hardware lol

There are games included in this set that should not be since the screen size or res is above a dreamcast to get this to fit on the screen odd sizes since dreamcast hardware does not work like that.. got choose the game that fits correct to what can be done..

example NTSC (704×484 overscan) and 320×256 to 640×512 for PAL (704×576 overscan.)[ we cant do 320x256 or the other so those parts will be cut off

I will be working on few Amiga cd 16 conversions including chaos engine :) they will be polished like IK+ if you not tried it then go a head and do so..
Attachments
AmigaCD16Concept2.png
AmigaCD16Concept2.png (12.24 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
AmigaCD16Concept4.png

megavolt85
Developer

Post#73 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:27 pm

MoeFoh wrote:Indeed, true at least for CDI. 'Limited support' has never been fully explained.

for GDI too
'Limited support' means ASCII letters and numbers are supported

ransom
fire

Post#74 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:33 pm

"Technically poor" term I fully agree hence why I said it..

I've been emulating amiga for about 30 yrs on all varieties of platforms to this day, not to mention I have a real a500 with a gotek drive and rgbtohdmi mod installed.

Sp I kinda know a lot about amigas. I've even built over 3k of amiga games into single boot hdfs, most of them converted from retroplays lha whdkoad files.

As you are aware even on real hardware not every amiga game works on any given amiga model.. hence why with emulation configuration is important...

I have no way of configuring with Ian's autoboot as the emu is stuck with 2mb Chip ram and no fastram. I can't even change kickstart, I'm sure if I could mingle with amiga configs most games will work but I know any tinkering will mess up what Ian's autobooter does..

Currently I can pretty much run anything in emulation with Winuae and my mister fpga, so what I'm doing for dreamcast is just a side hobby I guess, I'm not treating it like it's the end all of amiga emulation.

As a base its a great start off I guess opening up doors to the dreamcast of amiga games for members.

Happy New Year..

Oh and if anyone knows how I can convert bincue to cdi for gdemu purpose please pm me..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#75 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:48 pm

ransom wrote:"Technically poor" term I fully agree hence why I said it..

For the dreamcast it's Technically advanced
Not correct for the code fully optimized sh4 cpu core

Fast FAME Motorola 68000 core by Fox68k.
Autoframeskip for real speed.
Mouse & Keyboard Dreamcast supported.
Virtual Keyboard with triggers L-R.
Joystick is emulated with digital pad + A,X buttons.
Mouse is emulated with analog pad + Y,B buttons.
Fast sound with 8 buffers synchronized.
Filemanager with subdirectories access.
Complete menu with 'start' button: load, throttle, frameskip, reset...
2 joysticks emulated.
Under PAL dreamcasts ask 60-50Hz selection.
Save disks changes to VMU.
Superthrottle mode for speed up intros and loading time.
SH4 exceptions catched for stability.
ADZ support (ADF floppy image gzip compressed)
3 floppy drives emulated.

for 200mhz cpu bound software normal winuae would not even run 5 fps..

Maybe you mean it in not the same way no idea.. "Technically poor" is straight port in c with no functions

2mb chip ram is need for ussloader with out it cant run at all as for fast ram would make no change since it's all fast even when it's slow..You can change the kickrom just rename it not going to help you because the version is suited made to use this.. whole functions have to be cut out that are not needed in a game to allow it to even be use-able so there is no one build that work every game even if you could mess with the config it's not in the code..

Config is hardcoded at compile time.

"Technically poor" based on what for the system it's running close to miracle .. And Technically Advanced port..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#76 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:35 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Indeed, true at least for CDI. 'Limited support' has never been fully explained.

for GDI too
'Limited support' means ASCII letters and numbers are supported

If that's the case, then he needs to update the webpage, pronto.

https://gdemu.wordpress.com/details/gdemu-details/
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#77 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:27 pm

In defense of ransom doing a build of 200+ games:
-the binary was released to the public to do as they wish.
-the author made a custom no-led build.
-the author gave help support.
-the author said, "Never thought my dev build would get so used great work" when the build was released.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#78 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:00 pm

MoeFoh wrote:In defense of ransom doing a build of 200+ games:
-the author said, "Never thought my dev build would get so used great work" when the build was released.

Yeah do what you want with it but dont think it run all games how you want it..

ransom
fire

Post#79 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:57 am

Amiga to Dreamcast GDEMU [228 Games]

https://mega.nz/file/FIkkxC4a#U07nz4f3n ... BQ1zlOVGhI

Added an Extra 10 Games

Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
Ween - The Prophecy
Weird Dreams
Where in Europe is Carmen Sandiego
Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Wings of Fury
Xenex

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#80 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:39 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:In defense of ransom doing a build of 200+ games:

Yeah do what you want with it but dont think it run all games how you want it..

Cool. I agree there should be a caveat that playability is not perfect, to keep downloaders expectations in check.
- Charles Bukowski