Ransom's Amiga to Dreamcast CDI's

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Ransom's Amiga to Dreamcast CDI's

Post#61 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:14 pm

mkandersson1082 wrote:
ransom wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:Thank you so much for the massive collection!!! I've had a bit of fun playing around with these. I would absolutely love an optimised version of 'The Chaos Engine', it's one of my all time favourites.

Its already added isn't it? I only make ADF converts ..

Yes, it is on the list. I just hope one day it could be optimised so it runs more smoothly. If only I had the skills I'd do it myself :oops:

Maybe we can get Ian do make a performance build of this title?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#62 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:21 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:When you save, all imported cdi's are renamed to disc.cdi, following proper gdemu protocol.

no such requirement
Снимок экрана от 2021-12-30 12-02-09.png

Indeed, true at least for CDI. 'Limited support' has never been fully explained. I think Card Manager renames cdi to disc.cdi is so a legal filename check does not need to be done and it guarantees the cdi will startup now and in the future with any firmware changes.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#63 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:29 pm

If it's retail homebrew - extract contents using ISOBUSTER v4.7, then create a cdi with Bootdreams.

If it's a retail katana title then just download the GDI TOSEC version.

Reminder: links to images of titles currently being sold are prohibited.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#64 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:48 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:
ransom wrote:
Its already added isn't it? I only make ADF converts ..

Yes, it is on the list. I just hope one day it could be optimised so it runs more smoothly. If only I had the skills I'd do it myself :oops:

Of course why i said never thought anyone take my dev build made for one game shove every game on it and expect it to run them all lol

Amiga emulator for dreamcast is not technical poor at all what rubbish is that

check my amigacd 16 releases they all run fullspeed optimized for those games

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#65 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:

Of course why i said never thought anyone take my dev build made for one game shove every game on it and expect it to run them all lol

Does that mean 'no' to the request?
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#66 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:56 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Means yes mate :) dev build was never meant to be used for all games as you know even on dreamneocd or bleemcast cant have overall emulation on dreamcast with 200mhz cpu have to taylor the build to each game can do the 100% the same for snes as well same with arcade and radquake\\

Will it run yes even gens4all new build cant run every game as well as some just par for the course but saying the emulator is poor is pretty silly when it's one of the most advanced emulators for dreamcast full sh4 asm core plus SQ direct to pvr not poor at all

Dont matter even if you could build it need to profile the src find the functions taking the most time on each game which is not the same on each game etc .. this coding not just shoving games on cdi..

I spent 3 months coding to even get it to this standard sometimes 3 to 4 hours a day.. Not an easy takes even if you find the functions taking the most time you need to know how to optimized them based on dreamcast sh4 cpu

If i had of kept this to my self every game would of only be released when it's the best it can be thats the why for this build was to find slow or bad running games to tell me to do just what you asked lol..

I never said this was final or even ready for the public it's just a test dev build for people in my topic to test games and make requests
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#67 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Means yes mate :) dev build was never meant to be used for all games as you know even on dreamneocd or bleemcast cant have overall emulation on dreamcast with 200mhz cpu have to taylor the build to each game can do the 100% the same for snes as well same with arcade and radquake\\

Will it run yes even gens4all new build cant run every game as well as some just par for the course but saying the emulator is poor is pretty silly when it's one of the most advanced emulators for dreamcast full sh4 asm core plus SQ direct to pvr not poor at all

Dont matter even if you could build it need to profile the src find the functions taking the most time on each game which is not the same on each game etc .. this coding not just shoving games on cdi..

I spent 3 months coding to even get it to this standard sometimes 3 to 4 hours a day.. Not an easy takes even if you find the functions taking the most time you need to know how to optimized them based on dreamcast sh4 cpu

That 'technically poor' statement caught me by surprise, too.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#68 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:11 pm

Well if you going to take alpha software and then put 200+ games on it.. And they even run then say that... what are you expecting it would play every game the same i have 12 renders for this emulator. This build is using only 1 from my src base was for one game LOL the fact it's running over 200 games is more then shocking to me

Having any option based on one render and one version of an emulator i have 24 defines for this the dev build does not even support video modes it was is alpha why i dont like these type of compo things in the first place as one persons runs one of these that runs bad and thinks they all do..

Could do the same with Dreamneo cd yet i have versions that run games 100% perfect or close to it.. if you used any other or the alpha for that game it be half speed..

Maybe you did not understand the why for this dev build in the first place it was never even close to final

Why i did not put out a set of games each game optimizing for it would take up to month each hours and hours of work

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#69 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Well if you going to take alpha software and then put 200+ games on it.. And they even run then say that... what are you expecting it would play every game the same i have 12 renders for this emulator. This build is using only 1 from my src base was for one game LOL the fact it's running over 200 games is more then shocking to me

Having any option based on one render and one version of an emulator i have 24 defines for this the dev build does not even support video modes it was is alpha why i dont like these type of compo things in the first place as one persons runs one of these that runs bad and thinks they all do..

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

Could do the same with Dreamneo cd yet i have versions that run games 100% perfect or close to it.. if you used any other or the alpha for that game it be half speed..

Maybe you did not understand the why for this dev build in the first place it was never even close to final

Why i did not put out a set of games each game optimizing for it would take up to month each hours and hours of work

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. I see this as a starting point, not as an endpoint. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#70 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:29 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Well if you going to take alpha software and then put 200+ games on it.. And they even run then say that... what are you expecting it would play every game the same i have 12 renders for this emulator. This build is using only 1 from my src base was for one game LOL the fact it's running over 200 games is more then shocking to me

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

I think he will update the build as you improve the binary. I see this as a starting point, not as an endpoint. We really appreciate all the work you do, Ian, keeping the Dreamcast alive.

Updates will be for each game it's for so putting 200 on that updated will make others run worst then some of these
do this is the problem..

Thanks this was request from a father to have there young kid able to play amiga was for one game .. you can do what you want with it ..

thanks just kinda of strange want see what it can do download IK+ 100% speed and works unlike this build above..

100% speed smooth :)

runs 100% the same as hardware compare video below

road rash i have running better then real hardware lol point being the dev versions was to find games for me to work on to convert for projects above..

fact is these have there ADF built in the bin which means fast loading and cuts file access you as user cant do this..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.