Driving Strikers Holiday Edition!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Grey Fox
lithium

Re: Driving Strikers Holiday Edition!

Post#21 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 am

Donated & Downloaded & made a quick vid of my first game attempt!

Great game with loads of potential. Looking forward to seeing this develop over time & look forward to 4 player local games once its easier to get people together.

One quick question - obviously this is early so lots of changes & no doubt you have lots of great ideas & stuff to implement. I did wonder if you might add an option for "Tank Controls" alongside the current "Camera Relative" controls. I've played a lot of overhead racer type games so the left/right rotate controls are like second nature to me. Obviously after a few games I started adjusting to the controls a little so its all good.

Keep up the great work though - this has tons of potential & the multi-player will add to the games appeal & longevity.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#22 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:57 am

Mad respect for this one! And once again big up for your engine, Simulant is definitely going to make the Dreamcast thinking even more ;)

kazade
Developer

Post#23 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:20 am

Grey Fox wrote:Donated & Downloaded & made a quick vid of my first game attempt!

Great game with loads of potential. Looking forward to seeing this develop over time & look forward to 4 player local games once its easier to get people together.

One quick question - obviously this is early so lots of changes & no doubt you have lots of great ideas & stuff to implement. I did wonder if you might add an option for "Tank Controls" alongside the current "Camera Relative" controls. I've played a lot of overhead racer type games so the left/right rotate controls are like second nature to me. Obviously after a few games I started adjusting to the controls a little so its all good.

Keep up the great work though - this has tons of potential & the multi-player will add to the games appeal & longevity.

Possibly... I'm torn on whether to add configurable controls (which is a bit of work and is a bit more effort to maintain) or to really try to improve the current controls (which clearly have issues!)

I'll see what I can do, we already have quite a massive list of things to get done before our target feature-freeze date in Feb... I'll update the thread at some point :)

Grey Fox
lithium

Post#24 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:07 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it.

Totally understand that adding configurable controls takes time & effort & that the more you add the more there is to maintain (& test & higher chance of introducing bugs etc) so ultimately do what works best for you in terms of development.

Was just providing some feedback as I think it will make an awesome game even better. However I also get that I need to adjust more to the current controls (think my brain is just conditioned to expect “driving” controls to be more like Micro Machines than camera relative/Halo Warthog style so will take time to get comfortable with them)

Keep up the great work though - this is a super promising game & I’ll be sure to follow updates & look forward to the eventual finished game :)

kazade
Developer

Post#25 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:22 pm

I just shared a screenshot on Twitter :)

https://twitter.com/DrivingStrikers/sta ... 1160423429

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#26 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 pm

kazade wrote:I just shared a screenshot on Twitter :)

https://twitter.com/DrivingStrikers/sta ... 1160423429

Cruel Fuel 4 sure :)

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#27 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Mr Kazade.

I just wanted to check it you gonna keep working on Drivning strikers. Its a really fun game and i think it could be insanely good.

Best regards , Florian

galaxygod
core

Post#28 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:25 pm

FlorreW wrote:Mr Kazade.

I just wanted to check it you gonna keep working on Drivning strikers. Its a really fun game and i think it could be insanely good.

Best regards , Florian

theyre pretty active on twitter and have put a lot into the game, id check over there for updates