Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
WedgeStratos
photon blast
Posts: 113
Contact:

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#11 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:51 am

mistamontiel wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Gens4Dreams is what he is calling this pack, it is still based on Gens4All port by TapamN.


I'm sticking with MoeFoh's dub Gens4Good lool TapamN's Genesis to Dreamcast never gonna be better than this

You do realize MoeFoh simply took both releases I posted in the original Gens4All thread (both Gens4Good and the "Sega Smash Pack Stand-In") and posted them in their own thread, right? Check 09 Etc > Credits.
The only other thing he did was add a PVR, which I neglected doing back then because I was experiencing GDemu crashes with it at the time.

Gens4Dreams surpasses it by a long shot. Going from 495 to 630 retail game releases, has several more homebrew and indie titles, and includes many romhacks as well. Uses TapamN's version 4.2c with the SRAM support, multiple control.schemes, and the disabled watchdog that should allow CD-R users to load some of the larger Genesis games. The whole package is coming in only 100mb larger than Gens4Good.

Anthony817 wrote:Any idea if F-117 Night Storm would work? I tried the F-22 game and it ran really well. Seriously never thought I would see the 3d games working well on Dreamcast but it runs super amazing. Even Duke Nukem is blazingly fast! Super awesome seeing how fast this is in person finally. Castlevania, Rocket Knight, Desert Strike. Even the homebrew Wolfenstien port. Everything ran amazing! I didn't even have to run in overclocked mode like I used to have to do to run this emulator.

F-117 has some unknown failure after the SEGA logo, IIRC it would load into the first stage, but would crash back every time. I tried this for a few minutes before moving on to F-22.

User avatar
MoeFoh
Sunday Shootout
Posts: 644

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#12 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:42 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Gens4Dreams is what he is calling this pack, it is still based on Gens4All port by TapamN.


I'm sticking with MoeFoh's dub Gens4Good lool TapamN's Genesis to Dreamcast never gonna be better than this

You do realize MoeFoh simply took both releases I posted in the original Gens4All thread (both Gens4Good and the "Sega Smash Pack Stand-In") and posted them in their own thread, right? Check 09 Etc > Credits.
The only other thing he did was add a PVR, which I neglected doing back then because I was experiencing GDemu crashes with it at the time.

Gens4Dreams surpasses it by a long shot. Going from 495 to 630 retail game releases, has several more homebrew and indie titles, and includes many romhacks as well. Uses TapamN's version 4.2c with the SRAM support, multiple control.schemes, and the disabled watchdog that should allow CD-R users to load some of the larger Genesis games. The whole package is coming in only 100mb larger than Gens4Good.

Anthony817 wrote:Any idea if F-117 Night Storm would work? I tried the F-22 game and it ran really well. Seriously never thought I would see the 3d games working well on Dreamcast but it runs super amazing. Even Duke Nukem is blazingly fast! Super awesome seeing how fast this is in person finally. Castlevania, Rocket Knight, Desert Strike. Even the homebrew Wolfenstien port. Everything ran amazing! I didn't even have to run in overclocked mode like I used to have to do to run this emulator.

F-117 has some unknown failure after the SEGA logo, IIRC it would load into the first stage, but would crash back every time. I tried this for a few minutes before moving on to F-22.


Hey folks, this is the most current version. Download this version. My release was initially an update for GDEMU users. Plus, I wanted a dir of all the titles the user could download and preview.

WedgeStratos has done all the hard work - he deserves all the the credit along with TapamN and Ian.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

User avatar
azel
fire
Posts: 84

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#13 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Nice job on this, I just tested some games and it's working well, I'll let you know if I find any issues with games.

One question about the emulator though, it looks great on my DCHDMI using VGA mode but on my CRT (where I'd prefer to play this) it looks blurry as I'm almost certain it's using 480i mode.

Any way to force 240p? Wish this was an option in more games tbh.

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4935
Contact:

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#14 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Hardware pvr rendering GPU not software or framebuffer we both use vga nothing else check the in game menu for video option..

User avatar
aldair
Vagabond
Posts: 725

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#15 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:12 pm

azel wrote:Nice job on this, I just tested some games and it's working well, I'll let you know if I find any issues with games.

One question about the emulator though, it looks great on my DCHDMI using VGA mode but on my CRT (where I'd prefer to play this) it looks blurry as I'm almost certain it's using 480i mode.

Any way to force 240p? Wish this was an option in more games tbh.

240p using monitor via vga cable is very good!


User avatar
azel
fire
Posts: 84

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#16 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm

Wow! Cool setup :) What is happening here, how are you forcing 240p?

User avatar
aldair
Vagabond
Posts: 725

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:31 pm

azel wrote:Wow! Cool setup :) What is happening here, how are you forcing 240p?



DB15 cable with switch to select VGA (pin 6 and 7 on GND) and RGB (pin 7 on GND) on the Dreamcast.
Acer cb272 monitor with 240p: https://www.amazon.com.br/MONITOR-ACER-CB272-BMIPRX-UM-HB2AA-004/dp/B08GD26CRJ/ref=asc_df_B08GD26CRJ/?tag=googleshopp00-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=379817900090&hvpos&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16124941636449756703&hvpone&hvptwo&hvqmt&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl&hvlocint&hvlocphy=1032070&hvtargid=pla-1276237575484&psc=1

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4935
Contact:

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#18 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:58 pm

I would rather sharp clear vga the main part of why the dreamcast is better then most 640x480

User avatar
azel
fire
Posts: 84

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#19 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:32 am

Ian Micheal wrote:I would rather sharp clear vga the main part of why the dreamcast is better then most 640x480

I’m not a CRT purist by any means and I also enjoy the pristine look of 480p VGA output but it’s hard to deny that games from this era look great on CRT at 240p, especially sprite based games.

A lot of people recommend the Wii for cheap retro emulation for this reason as it supports 240p and most of the emulators and virtual console supports it. Giving a somewhat authentic emulation experience on CRT.

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4935
Contact:

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#20 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 am

This is an enhanced hardware rendering accelerated pvr hardware rendering emulator not some 2d frame buffer thing like like the wii with sdl software rendering non gpu rendering output

Maybe your forgetting that..

Enhanced like bleemcast is enhanced like dreamneo cd is .. i have no want for stock looking emulation of old games many ways to play them like that.. I always think any emulation on dreamcast should be better not the same as any machine it's emulating otherwise buy a rp4

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users