Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#81 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:43 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:Nice job you did guys!! :) If i send you a few roms like Xenocrisis, Demons Of Asteroth, etc. can you add them?

I understand the irony of this stance when I'm hosting this package, but I've made it a goal not to include any indie releases that cost money, especially ones for which there is also a Dreamcast release. That means software like Xenocrisis, Pier Solar, Tanglewood and the like, have not been included. What is in the homebrew folder is whatever was free on Itch.io, be it a game demo or a full-fledged release.

I know some of them can be readily obtained on totallylegitwebsite.vir.us and the like, and while I could go proceed with that, I feel it best to not go stiffing our fellow indie devs who have worked hard to learn and create games on this hardware even if they do just end up emulating an existing version on the Dreamcast.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#82 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:31 am

Just came to realize that I haven't posted anything here yet to thank you.

Thank you very much WedgeStratos for this compilation and to TapamN for the awesome work with the emulator improvements. Love being able to play Streets of Rage 2 with my mates !

This emulator is very appreciated <3 May I ask if there is anyway to have it boot a single game straight without going throu the menu ? (Like putting a rom named game in the ROMs directory forces the emulator to boot directly into game)

Thanks

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#83 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:17 am

FlorreW wrote:This emulator is very appreciated <3 May I ask if there is anyway to have it boot a single game straight without going throu the menu ? (Like putting a rom named game in the ROMs directory forces the emulator to boot directly into game)

Thanks

TapamN wrote:There's no ROM loader. You have to modify main in main.c to specify what ROM to load through dcload. Find the line with "ROMDIR" define and change it to point to where your ROMs are stored, then change the following run line to the name of the ROM.

In theory, if this functionality is still in the emulator, one could configure the emulator to do just that. Or, something it looks for on boot from the disc is "gamelist.bin" so, you could try that.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#85 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:16 am

Thanks allot for the info, I will try that <3

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#86 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:04 pm

Anybody like the idea of the Road Rash Trilogy on Genesis being ported with a selfboot CDI using Gens4Dreams

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#87 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Thought about another cool compilation idea, Sonic 1,2,3 and knuckles plus sonic 3 complete and the best ROM hacks for sonic like hellfire, mega mix, lost world Etc

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#88 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:27 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Thought about another cool compilation idea, Sonic 1,2,3 and knuckles plus sonic 3 complete and the best ROM hacks for sonic like hellfire, mega mix, lost world Etc

https://archive.org/details/sonic-hack-pack
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ede07
undertow

Post#89 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:43 pm

A tutorial for casuals how to get this working on a gdemu would be nice, since not everyone is a die hard pro.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#90 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:52 pm

Ede07 wrote:A tutorial for casuals how to get this working on a gdemu would be nice, since not everyone is a die hard pro.

did you check the first page of the topic https://mega.nz/file/07ogkAKR#f0rvsEDIp ... W3YjY0FRxI cdi put it on your gdemu

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15226 ? are you wanting to know how to do what ? the image is made just run it?? :?: