Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Cass
MegaDeath

Re: Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Post#11 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:58 pm

unnamed.jpg

alexfree
fire

Re: Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Post#12 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:08 am

bjankins1 wrote:Can this program be used to make FMVs on games work on Dreamcast?

Yes it can. Currently it deletes the sofdec file it makes but in the next version there is an option to just make the sofdec file.

alexfree
fire

Post#13 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:18 am

SMiTH wrote:if script creates .sfd files then you should be able to swap them with game sfd.
the method i use to create sfd is a pain in the ass, so this is pretty damn nice.
i know neo has a process that makes it way easier and he also makes the mil cd stuff as well.
either way i dig it.

we never fully tested 4xm, heres to one day some1 creating a full movie in that format. (with optimal settings almost dvd quality) :)
back in october i converted the outsiders full movie to 4xm but never got optimal settings..
ian has way more knowledge about 4xm and made some damn good samples.
and moefoh found some cool stuff about 4xm as well.

alexfree, is sfd player the truemotion player from sdk? (can play mpg or sfd, correct?)
by using ginsu ini or dreamon cfg you can select load of either sfd or mpg??

sorry about ranting but its been months since I even posted here lol.

Don't be sorry! I love this idea. The next update will include options to make just the sofdec video file, a .CDI that auto-plays it, or to make the CDI and burn it all in one go.

I do belive this is the truemotion player from the SDK. It is from http://www.dc-swat.ru/download/dc/SFD_Player.7z . I don't know much about it, I have it playing sofdec files that are identical to what the Dreamcast Movie Creator generates (but without the actual Dreamcast Movie Creator being involved).

I espically want this to eventually make actual MIL-CDs, but also want to add all the other players as well. I would like to see your scripts for the other players, but the self boot proccess is pretty much figured out.

Funny thing I had to do, I had to binhack the SFD_Player to make it self-boot like an ECHELON release :)

Could you elaborate on how to do multi-disc with binhack?

alexfree
fire

Post#14 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:07 pm

Video2DreamcastDisc v1.1 Update has been released:
https://alex-free.github.io/video2dreamcastdisc/
https://github.com/alex-free/video2dreamcastdisc/

Changes in v1.1:
Updated SFD_Player using the ECHELON self-boot method.
The vid2dcd.bat script now creates a video.cdi file using CDI4DC which is self-bootable.
Moved tools into the bin directory.
Added automatic burning ability of video.cdi.
Added option to just make a Sofdec .sfd file and nothing else.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#15 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:05 am

Per chance would this be compatible with WIndows XP? I have XP installed as a virtual machine for Dreamcast apps.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#16 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:08 am

If I can find a more convenient way of encoding I was thinking of making a GDemu collection of old HK action movies.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#17 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 am

alexfree wrote:Video2DreamcastDisc v1.1 Update has been released:

Changes in v1.1:
The vid2dcd.bat script now creates a video.cdi file using CDI4DC which is self-bootable.

Wow! Nicely done. ;)

CDI image should work with GDEMU & demul? Anybody test? Will display "SWAT Productions" for name in GDMENU. Plus a display PVR icon could be created.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

alexfree
fire

Post#18 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:51 am

MoeFoh wrote:
alexfree wrote:Video2DreamcastDisc v1.1 Update has been released:

Changes in v1.1:

Wow! Nicely done. ;)

CDI image should work with GDEMU & demul? Anybody test? Will display "SWAT Productions" for name in GDMENU. Plus a display PVR icon could be created.

Yes! From what I've been told the GDEMU should work with CDIs this generates that are up to 2GBs in size. This was initially tested on NullDC before being tested on a real console.
Last edited by alexfree on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexfree
fire

Post#19 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:53 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:Per chance would this be compatible with WIndows XP? I have XP installed as a virtual machine for Dreamcast apps.

This requires 7 and newer only because of the FFmpeg I use in it. If that is replaced then it should work on Win XP. Next version may add support for it.

alexfree
fire

Post#20 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:54 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:If I can find a more convenient way of encoding I was thinking of making a GDemu collection of old HK action movies.

This does all the encoding for you, doesn't get much easier then this.