Panzer Front - English translation patch

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Panzer Front - English translation patch

Post#21 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:13 pm

Yes there is quite the learning curve for this game. It is basically a more hard core version of War Thunders tanks, with more of an emphasis on the simulation aspect. I put in a bit of time playing it fully in Japanese about a decade ago and it was way more difficult then for me lol, but now much easier now that I can understand it all.

For sure this game now can be enjoyed by people in the West thankfully. Really enjoyed what I played yesterday.

Again, thank you so much for translating this game in particular, from the bottom of my heart! WW2 games on DC are few and far in between, I only know of about 5 games, well 6 if you count Propeller Arena since it used WW2 classics in the modern era. But yeah, hopefully I can help bring more WW2 FPS experiences over to the system in the form of Half-Life total conversion mods. We will see what the future holds but I do want to do it.

ateam wrote:Great work! So fantastic to see more and more English translation patches come to our beloved Dreamcast.

PS: Thanks for using Universal Dreamcast Patcher =)

Well, I mean look what you set into motion. You got the ball rolling on more translated games to happen by inspiring others to look into these amazing Japan only releases that can not really be enjoyed to their fullest lest we know how to read and understand Kanji.

gamesreup
killer

Post#22 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:30 am

Thanks for your work Derplayer and Ian Micheal for the CDI version - Here's my little video if anyone would like to check it out

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#23 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:03 am

gamesreup wrote:Thanks for your work Derplayer and Ian Micheal for the CDI version - Here's my little video if anyone would like to check it out

I found this interesting.

Gameplay:
Players perform the role of a tank commander during the war using one of six fictional tanks. Battles are fought on various maps based on actual historical campaigns. During the game, the player can engage the enemy while calling in artillery barrages whenever they are available. Panzer Front takes a realistic approach, some enemies can kill the player's tank with one shot. Reinforcements are also available in some missions if allied tanks are lost.

Missions:
Panzer Front has 25 missions, based on real events. Examples include the destruction of a British armored column in the Battle of Villers-Bocage, the US Army's defense against a ferocious German counterattack in Le Dezert, the defense of the Reichstag during the Battle of Berlin, and several based on the Battle of Kursk.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

RightSprite UK
lithium

Post#24 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 am

Great job , Gotta luv the Translation Support for the DC . Will be giving this ago

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#25 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:37 pm

derplayer wrote:Hi all,

after about one year of development, my Panzer Front English Translation is now ready for download!

You can download the DCP patch here: https://derplayer.neocities.org/repo/panzerfront/

There are possible formatting errors here and there, but everything is translated and playable.
Let me know what you think of the patch in the thread :D

Thank you for your effort, here my little collaboration...

Panzer Front (JP) (English Translation).png

Dreamshell/RetroDream/GDEmu
Panzer Front (JP) (English Translation) [256x256].jpg
Panzer Front (JP) (English Translation) [256x256].jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 47670 times
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

dekerom715
noob

Post#26 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:57 pm

Thanks