DCT Homebrew Bands

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

marchegiano
Quad Damage

DCT Homebrew Bands

Post#1 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Howdy all

About 15 years ago I had a band. One Wooden Wheel:
https://archive.org/details/one-wooden-wheel

Not long ago I ran into Ian's band. Trikk Justice:
https://soundcloud.com/ian-micheal-47914919

Just wondering if there's any other bands out there. I'm attracted to songs not so often heard so if you've any old stuff hardly anyone's heard dust it off and give us a share. If by chance any of you are famous or semi-famous that's cool too, I don't have anything against popular music I just seem to have a special hunger for unpopular music.

It'd be cool to make a garage band DC game of some kind. Similar to JGR in that the gameplay is super basic because it's more about the music. With music from an assortment of DC-T Homebrew bands.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DCT Homebrew Bands

Post#2 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Love the idea smith also had some great music.. we could mod a dc game like crazy taxi or others with our music .. hehe

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Post#3 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:12 pm

I used to listen to Japanese metal bands like
Mephistopheles
Rommel
Mein Kamph
Rosenfeld
Virus
Zeed

But those bands aren't meant for me I guess.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:23 pm

Neo-dreamer wrote:I used to listen to Japanese metal bands like
Mephistopheles
Rommel
Mein Kamph
Rosenfeld
Virus
Zeed

But those bands aren't meant for me I guess.

Never heard of any of those, thanks bud, gonna check out these tunes while I work. Appreciate it.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Regards,
Bob Dobbs

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#6 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:07 pm

I only got through the first band. I've run low on time and very soon I'll need to get to work but I wanted to tell you that super effin' cool. I'm not real sure what genre you would place your first band in but I really enjoyed it. It's trippy and electronic and metal all at once, at least thats my take. I would be 3 in 1989.

I think it's really cool how y'all paired pretty soft vocals with some real ripping riffs. loved the bass in the third video, the do-dos are still in my head. That almost Munsters sounding intro for the second song was really effin cool.

Thank bud. Can't wait to hear the other band.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:13 pm

I am the frontman in that first band. I was so bad, I was banned in Canada and 3 states. After that, I had to change my name! Now I live in Mechanic's basement protecting his Quake 3 server and Bud Ice...lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:27 pm

Wooden Wheel was good and a cool name. The songs had some cool structure diversity instead of being just the same thing within the song. I like it!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#9 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:53 pm

Just finished listening to Trikkjustice/Ian Michael's band... really loved this too.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#10 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:I am the frontman in that first band. I was so bad, I was banned in Canada and 3 states. After that, I had to change my name! Now I live in Mechanic's basement protecting his Quake 3 server and Bud Ice...lol!

:lol: No that band was tits, they just weren't ready to hear it.

More seriously, in an era where it's totally acceptable to mumble and folks call it good vocals, yours were great.

I'm on Ladytron currently. Kinda reminds me of Ima Robot if you know them but maybe that's because he sings girly and she is a girl.

Oh my f**k. Friggin Lush, so 90's as hell I got that nostalgia feeling even though I've never heard this before. Also, of course the front's cute. or at least was in the video.

Kraftwerk - Perfect weird 80s electronic stuff. I never got to record anything with synth or a theremin or anything, and :lol: ours is from a Korg board not a proper studio, so you wouldn't know it from our recording but I really like playing this sort of weird 80s stuff from back when folks were really reeally into wave warping tech. It's just neat.

:lol: This is a song Jerry Lee Lewis wrote before he killed one of his wives

You probably could have guessed my favorite would have been big black. That was awesome, guessing that's the 90s again. Punk for the win. Actually I'm not even sure, folks tell me RATM is metal, I would have called them Punk too, but either way this band is in your face and I dig it. Bad Penny was T I T titties but I let YT track to the next which was big black kerosine, that jerry lee intro cracked me up and the music in that one is way less main stream but the energy is that good raw punk energy. We had it only a little while when I was a teen and even then it was retro.

Bob Dobbs wrote:Wooden Wheel was good and a cool name. The songs had some cool structure diversity instead of being just the same thing within the song. I like it!

Thanks, really all the credit for that band goes to the drummer, Chuck. He was just badass on the drums, we were all just trying to keep up.

Bob Dobbs wrote:Just finished listening to Trikkjustice/Ian Michael's band... really loved this too.

Yeah man, bringing that Southern Rock feel to it. I really liked them. In Florida we've a ton of bands who go for a Molly or Blackfoot kind of sound but Trikk actually brings it. :lol: never asked if that's what they're going for tbh, but that is what I like about them.

Ian Micheal wrote:Love the idea smith also had some great music.. we could mod a dc game like crazy taxi or others with our music .. hehe

That'd be super cool. I never actually thought about just moding a DC game. I imagine some place there's some wavs or adx or some such and you just swap and bingo jingo you've changed the music in a game? I'm gonna check that out. Probably give this thread a while so folks have time to post, but yeah, now I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this.

I was thinking more the cdda tricks that you do, but no, a modded DC game is a much, much better idea. Just learning more about the DC's audio functions is probably super interesting and a good idea for me to do. So...yeah, I'm off to muck with some files. :lol: listen to some Trikk Justice and Big Black as I do it too.