DCT Homebrew Bands

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Re: DCT Homebrew Bands

Post#21 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:30 pm

galaxygod wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I watched two of the Adventurer songs. Which one are you?

im the guitar player/screamer! thanks for checking it out!

marchegiano wrote:
galaxygod wrote:last month there was a thread about a program to turn any video into a cdi file so i put a few of my bands music videos onto my gmemu to show my friends when they come over haha really cool idea and its cool to hear music from other people on here! heres my band too!

https://youtu.be/rkiRjkLPph8

Probably no surprise I enjoyed the harder bits but all-in-all this was an extremely impressive production and y'all should be super proud of it. I mean all around from recording to the music itself, I'm impressed.

i enjoy the harder parts a little more myself too haha thanks for checking us out and thanks for this thread, i really enjoy the jam rock/rap mix in One Wooden Wheel! i like how everyone is shreading, even the bass is going wild!

Thanks for that, I was a little nervous to post this because, you know, shameless self promotion, but y'all's reaction has been great and I am honestly super impressed with the variety and talent found here.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#22 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:41 pm

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#23 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:24 am

It's 1:20 am my time so I'm going to give up for tonight.

I took two tracks from each band including Dark and SMiTH's music, converted the mp3s to wavs and wavs to adx, then named the files appropriately and bootdreams everything back together. I'm using MVC2 at the moment because I found the track list pretty quickly I mean like ADX_S010 = Desert kind of tracklist not an ost track list.

I'm not sure why but when I went to test it in emulators the game fails just after booting.

I suspect this is a setting or some such mistake I made in bootdreams?

I'll give it another shot tomorrow and once I've proven I can do it I'll see about crazy taxi.

MVC2 DCT track list as it stands:
ADX_s000 - The Pirate Ship - Southern days
ADX_s010 - Desert - life after death
ADX_s020 - Inside the Factory - barcodes
ADX_s030 - Carnival - you didn't feel that way
ADX_s040 - Bridge - red white
ADX_s050 - Cave - priori
ADX_s060 - Tower - Voices over infinite distance
ADX_s070 - Ice - Empty
ADX_s080 - Abyss 1 - secretes
ADX_s090 - Abyss 2 - awake again
ADX_s0A0 - Abyss 3 - boot oh
ADX_s0B0 - Training
ADX_HERE - New Challenger
ADX_OPEN - Intro Music to characters???
ADX_OVER - Game Over
ADX_STAF - Credits Screen - this is not the end
ADX_MENU - Menu Screen -doesn't really matter
ADX_WINS - When you beat a stage
ADX_CONT - Con-tin-ue?
ADX_RANK - Rank - summer memories
ADX_CAPL - Capcom Logo
ADX_SELC - Character Select

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:48 am

marchegiano wrote:It's 1:20 am my time so I'm going to give up for tonight.

I took two tracks from each band including Dark and SMiTH's music, converted the mp3s to wavs and wavs to adx, then named the files appropriately and bootdreams everything back together. I'm using MVC2 at the moment because I found the track list pretty quickly I mean like ADX_S010 = Desert kind of tracklist not an ost track list.

I'm not sure why but when I went to test it in emulators the game fails just after booting.

I suspect this is a setting or some such mistake I made in bootdreams?

I'll give it another shot tomorrow and once I've proven I can do it I'll see about crazy taxi.

MVC2 DCT track list as it stands:
ADX_s000 - The Pirate Ship - Southern days
ADX_s010 - Desert - life after death
ADX_s020 - Inside the Factory - barcodes
ADX_s030 - Carnival - you didn't feel that way
ADX_s040 - Bridge - red white
ADX_s050 - Cave - priori
ADX_s060 - Tower - Voices over infinite distance
ADX_s070 - Ice - Empty
ADX_s080 - Abyss 1 - secretes
ADX_s090 - Abyss 2 - awake again
ADX_s0A0 - Abyss 3 - boot oh
ADX_s0B0 - Training
ADX_HERE - New Challenger
ADX_OPEN - Intro Music to characters???
ADX_OVER - Game Over
ADX_STAF - Credits Screen - this is not the end
ADX_MENU - Menu Screen -doesn't really matter
ADX_WINS - When you beat a stage
ADX_CONT - Con-tin-ue?
ADX_RANK - Rank - summer memories
ADX_CAPL - Capcom Logo
ADX_SELC - Character Select

It's best to use lazy boot or start with fresh dump gdi use extract and rebuild the gdi to test this how i redid every fmv and music in resident evil 3 for the serial port every file music fmv sound effect i converted to wav then back to adx then packed into AFS stream ..

Once you have the working gdi it's easy to make a new cdi just use the bin from the other cdi and lazy boot to make a working cdi.. dont sue bootdreams.. Not with katana stuff..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:29 am

I think a good game to do this to would be the gta port .. retail we got..

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#26 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:26 am

TBF to bootdreams, this is the first time it's given me any issues.

I'll find the thread. I didn't realize I could convert GDI to CDI so I did this all sorts of wrongly. :lol:

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#27 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Success!

I have a working MVC2 with our music in it. For some reason it seems to work better in the old Redream stable than either demul or redream-dev. I didn't test Flycast and I don't even have null or reicast on this PC. I'm getting low, like 30s, fps in demul....which is crazy to me because demul always plays better. I have no prior history with MVC though, tag-team fighters are not my bag. So maybe :lol: I should have ran the official version a few times first.

I'll upload the cdi if anyone wants it, but it's a pretty poor effort at this point, just a proof of concept, or, more rather it's a proof of my ability to do muck with ADX's.

I didn't worry about audio levels because I knew this game isn't really the game I want to do it's just the game I found a tutorial for so I wasn't worried about setting volumes to sound nice in MVC2 because I probably would have to re-adjust for the next one anyway. Wheel, Dark, there's a few of us who are too quiet on our stages and others, Bob, too loud. I'll balance it all out once I have the original tracks for whatever game I end up on. Hopefully in GDI.

That said, Bob, I think your tack 2 works really well with the carnival stage.

Lazyboot is really cool. I was not ready for that audio clip at the end. :lol:

I tried to find the resident evil 3 thread with no luck, but I am interested in GDI modding, seems just the better route all around what with GDIs being better rips and all. So I'll look around a bit more before I do another.

I'm super happy with this. I think this is the very first DC project I've started that I'll probably finish without it taking me months if not over a year :lol: Most the stuff DC is kind of work intensive and so takes some level of focus. This is simple enough to handle while working on, you know, pay the bills work. :lol: I might end up doing loads and loads of audio mods just because I can now.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:50 pm

marchegiano wrote:Success!

I have a working MVC2 with our music in it. For some reason it seems to work better in the old Redream stable than either demul or redream-dev. I didn't test Flycast and I don't even have null or reicast on this PC. I'm getting low, like 30s, fps in demul....which is crazy to me because demul always plays better. I have no prior history with MVC though, tag-team fighters are not my bag. So maybe :lol: I should have ran the official version a few times first.

I'll upload the cdi if anyone wants it, but it's a pretty poor effort at this point, just a proof of concept, or, more rather it's a proof of my ability to do muck with ADX's.

I didn't worry about audio levels because I knew this game isn't really the game I want to do it's just the game I found a tutorial for so I wasn't worried about setting volumes to sound nice in MVC2 because I probably would have to re-adjust for the next one anyway. Wheel, Dark, there's a few of us who are too quiet on our stages and others, Bob, too loud. I'll balance it all out once I have the original tracks for whatever game I end up on. Hopefully in GDI.

That said, Bob, I think your tack 2 works really well with the carnival stage.

Lazyboot is really cool. I was not ready for that audio clip at the end. :lol:

I tried to find the resident evil 3 thread with no luck, but I am interested in GDI modding, seems just the better route all around what with GDIs being better rips and all. So I'll look around a bit more before I do another.

I'm super happy with this. I think this is the very first DC project I've started that I'll probably finish without it taking me months if not over a year :lol: Most the stuff DC is kind of work intensive and so takes some level of focus. This is simple enough to handle while working on, you know, pay the bills work. :lol: I might end up doing loads and loads of audio mods just because I can now.

Just have to remember to run on cdr the songs have to be downsampled you only have 400 kb/sec total streaming ..
and other files to run on slow mil cd..

I use the extract mod rebuild gdi to do the work.. you can take the 1ST_read.bin from the old cdi release and the files you modded on the gdi to make your own cdi.. making sure there downsampled enff to run on cdr.. non modded full bitrate files on gdi need to be modded or it will stutter like crap on cdr..

Here is my optimized GDI for the serial port so it runs correct with proper fmv's etc and music..

viewtopic.php?p=163192#p163192

Glad i could lead you in the right way..

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#29 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:32 pm

Who, me, loud...not me. They are too quiet....lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#30 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Who, me, loud...not me. They are too quiet....lol!

:lol: I was unprepared when your track played. You got the jump scare.