Gens4all RC4 Loaded Iso for SD

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Jojo1979
shadow

Re: Gens4all RC4 Loaded Iso for SD

Post#21 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:12 am

On my TV 4k LG led the Image of the screen with gens4all rc4 is blurry because the pixels are very apparents. Does it exist a solution of the problem please? Gens4all retromadrid 2012 had a best image on the TV modern for me.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:49 am

Jojo1979 wrote:On my TV 4k LG led the Image of the screen with gens4all rc4 is blurry because the pixels are very apparents. Does it exist a solution of the problem please? Gens4all retromadrid 2012 had a best image on the TV modern for me.

Use vga this is miles apart from that.. it has options for 240p as well .. This so good it's almost worth buying a dc just to use this master work..

Has this best image for vga 480p and 240-.. 60fps gpu rendering correct sound NO frameskop

Use vga or rgb do not use rca leads..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:52 am

MastaG wrote:
MastaG wrote:Alright I've created an iso file for testing:
https://mega.nz/file/D1ViiSqI#cM9C5pJD1 ... ilExoPCzWI

Steps I took:

Code: Select all

# create empty directory
mkdir gens
cd gens
# unpack Slaminger's iso
7z x /home/mastag/Downloads/gens4all_v4_3.iso
# Patch 1ST_READ.BIN
sed -i 's/\xE4\x74\x5F\xA0/\xEC\x74\x5F\xA0/g' 1ST_READ.BIN
# Go one directory up and create the iso file
cd ..
mkisofs -C 0,0 -G gens/IP.BIN -rock -l -o gens4all_v4_3.iso gens
# Compress
zip gens4all_v4_3.zip gens4all_v4_3.iso

So assuming that the 1ST_READ.BIN was already unscrambled and the IP.BIN is meant for homebrew (no katana stuff added by binhack), it should work.

But I can only test it tomorrow.

It works now :)
It's only missing out on Sonic 3 + Knuckles :P (naughty naughty!)
Amazing how well it runs everything, even Sonic 3D is silky smooth.
This build seems to be a lot more refined as it also asks me to save to VMU when exiting a game, very nice!

I guess for IDE HDD/CF, all homebrew needs to be patched (and unscrambled in case it's being extracted from a selfboot image).
I hope a future update of DreamShell will detect homebew and auto-patch it upon loading :)

I'll finish my script and release it here for easy converting cdi images to iso for SD/IDE.
I'll make sure it will also work when pointing to a directory containing plain files.
Just need to add some logic to detect homebrew vs katana and scrambled vs unscrambled.
Then somebody can take care of converting everything :)

Yes this amazing smooth many updates it has 240 options as well as rendering options for any game with problems.. Hardware pvr rendering with raster effects render to texture it's one of the most advanced bits of homebrew tech wise every released :) TapamN FTW

Slaminger
lithium

Post#24 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:50 pm

hell yeah, glad they can be made to work with both hdd and sd. i've also been working on a few cdi games converting them back to gdi but keeping the down sampled files so they run from sd without choppy videos or lagging. MK4 Gold is running perfectly.