Help me Understand the GDEMU

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

js100serch
shadow

Help me Understand the GDEMU

Post#1 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:59 am

Hi everyone

I'm trying to buy a GDEMU for my Sega Dreamcast or buy a Console with one already installed. But reading in forums like this and reddit I think there are GDemu clones?. I thought GDEmu was already a clone of MODE. So what is genuine and what is a clone?, wtf?... :?

I live in Mexico, so in our version of ebay, there's a guy selling a console with a gdemu 5.15b already installed, which is supposedly to be the one with heat sinks and the metal sd thingy. Is that the original?.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/ML ... s-polycard

I already have a Dreamcast, so I figured it would be cheaper to just buy the gdemu 5.15b from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Dilwe1-simula ... c7831d0f99

But this one doesn't have heat sinks (which don't really matter), but I read somewhere that, the GDemu uses the same chips from the original, but the chips from this one are not branded, so is this a clone?.

Where is the original?, what is a clone and what is an original gdemu?, what the hell is going on? :| :| :|

megavolt85
Developer

Re: Help me Understand the GDEMU

Post#2 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:56 pm

js100serch wrote:I thought GDEmu was already a clone of MODE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you have now offended the feelings of believers :lol:

js100serch wrote:I live in Mexico, so in our version of ebay, there's a guy selling a console with a gdemu 5.15b already installed, which is supposedly to be the one with heat sinks and the metal sd thingy. Is that the original?.

no, it's clone.
the original never had heatsinks and a metal SD card slot or microSD slot

I will give you advice, buy yourself a clone, because:
1) the original is not currently produced
2) the clone is no worse than the original