Sonic Mania - Decompiled

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Sonic Mania - Decompiled

Post#11 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:43 pm

cast128dreams wrote:Its allready on psvita and wiiu where are our dc programers :/ on holidays ?

It's not easy, our community has already the best men, but they can't do everything ;)

moon.sarito1
undertow

Post#12 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:30 am

That would be amazing, it would be a dream to finally see Sonic Mania on a Sega console... but I think it's very difficult for that to happen.

Sonic Mania apparently uses something around 100 to 128 MB of RAM, the Dreamcast has only 16 MB, the Wii U and PS Vita ports already have slowdown in the special stages due to the CPU and the 3DS port is doing well work (and there are no plans at the moment to make it work on the Old 3DS, for now it only works on the New 3DS)

It would require a lot of optimization to get Sonic Mania to run on the Dreamcast, I really hope it does, but I don't get my hopes up.

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#13 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:42 pm

Here's a good question? What kind of tricks do you have to divide up the memory and the ram space, the Sega Genesis from I have learned there is a way to double the amount of memory, I cant really remember what video I had watched but it basically explains how you can make a 4mb cart divide it's banks into 8mb, so is there a way to do that on this system?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:16 pm

It's called rewrite it port to suit not shove it on try and put the same thing on system that cant handle it.. Dont think doubling or trying to fit the memory it uses.. Think fit with what you have..

dont have 16mb of ram anyways more like 13mb ram once engine and footprint and cant use 8mb of vram it's 4mb with double buffer..
most you can load on wince in one time is 12.5mb lol..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#15 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:15 am

Very good title to focus on a DC project...I only pass by here to remember this community has made many things possible
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#16 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:28 am

But non news since a while now...

Same thing for coup head unfortunately.

MR RATCHET
noob

Post#17 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Any interest news on whether this has been picked up by the community? I think it would be great to see on Dreamcast!

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#18 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:20 am

Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#19 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:11 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Sonic Mania Plus DX mod, 70% : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5b3ui9fa ... o.zip/file

Pretty sure this is the mod for the PC version that gives the game Dreamcast-style visuals, rather than a Dreamcast port of Mania.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#20 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 pm

Exciting to hear that SonicFreak94 is very quietly working on a Dreamcast port of Mania. They occassionally host streams of their Sonic development, including the Mania port. Hopefully it continues to head in a positive direction!

https://twitter.com/SonicFreak94/status ... 6958274568