Would it be possible to Port Frontier Elite two to the dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Jkovereasy
shadow

Would it be possible to Port Frontier Elite two to the dreamcast

Post#1 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm

I was wondering this because I've seen some Amiga games going around and I was thinking would it really be possible for the Dreamcast to run Frontier Elite 2 or Elite one I thought those games had some crazy graphics for their time they would make great additions to Dreamcast

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Would it be possible to Port Frontier Elite two to the dreamcast

Post#2 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:13 pm

It is using the amiga emulator or c64 or spectrum or nes for elite 1 amiga for elite 2

Jkovereasy
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:19 pm

I think it's using an Amiga emulator but you could always go for dos for Elite 2 I didn't know that Elite 1 came out for nas it's pretty interesting honestly I'll be willing to play it on anything c64 or Spectrum as long as it's possible to play it and thanks for the reply

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:24 am

Jkovereasy wrote:I think it's using an Amiga emulator but you could always go for dos for Elite 2 I didn't know that Elite 1 came out for nas it's pretty interesting honestly I'll be willing to play it on anything c64 or Spectrum as long as it's possible to play it and thanks for the reply

I can do all the systems including atari st with a nice menu for this game.. But you got to know that elite is not very play-able on any computer system with out a keyboard

The nes port is the only one you could play with out a dc keyboard..

Let me know :)

Jkovereasy
shadow

Post#5 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:33 pm

I don't have a keyboard yet but it'd be cool to play the nes version I seen some gameplay it looks pretty good for the system

Jkovereasy
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:38 pm

If it's not too much of to ask could you try out the elite games on the other systems and possibly release some for anyone else that want to play it I'm currently searching for keyboard I was thinking of using an adapter and a USB keyboard.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#7 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:34 am

Elite (not part 2/frontier) is playable and works fine on Uae4all emulator on Dreamcast. But you will need a keyboard as Ian said.

Elite 2 is really slow , even on an actual Amiga 500 so thats a no go via emulation i think.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:48 am

FlorreW wrote:Elite (not part 2/frontier) is playable and works fine on Uae4all emulator on Dreamcast. But you will need a keyboard as Ian said.

Elite 2 is really slow , even on an actual Amiga 500 so thats a no go via emulation i think.

Spectrum version is one of the best there was new update to the game runs faster and more content but you need a keyboard

Jkovereasy
shadow

Post#9 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:51 pm

I thought that would be case that elite 2 would be slow but does it run any better on atari st or dos if not its fine. Spectrum as good as any I appreciate your time can u. Also do the nes version too that game looked really rad i could play it until get a keyboard
Last edited by Jkovereasy on Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:53 pm

Jkovereasy wrote:I thought that would be case that elite 2 would be slow but does it run any better on atari st or dos if not its fine. Spectrum as good as any I appreciate your time can u do the nes version too game looked really rad still only i could play right now until get the keyboard

NP i will do it tomorrow been up 36hours working on Dreambor and stuff.. Np.. ;)