Dreamcast Web-Browser

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

PhiseJr
drunken sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None. My dreamcast is inactive I need to buy a VGA :-(

Dreamcast Web-Browser

Post by PhiseJr »

So it seems, HTML5 is out of the question and Javascript is unstable.

Anyone know what languages the browser/dreamcast support, limitations and the best capable features we can implement if we cater a website specifically for the dreamcast?

I would love to make a project for the dreamcast as its been my long time dream to make things for the platform as its been my inspiration to learn programming. I know Python, LUA, SQL, and a little C, HTML, JS. I know C/C++ are the main languages for the DC and then theres mRuby thats in its prototype stages. I have been working diligently on my programming
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto
Jenkins
MicroMidget
Dreamcast Games you play Online: every still remaining

Re: Dreamcast Web-Browser

Post by Jenkins »

When you grab a copy of PlanetWeb 3.0 you can at least "work" with Macromedia Flash 4.0, JavaScript 1.2 and simple Java Applet games. Nothing reeeeally fancy but when you are on a "punshing hardcore retro trip" these are the best DC languages for you :lol: This version of JS should be so old that you can't even move stuff around on a webpage :mrgreen:

I guess C would be the way to go if you want full support and the best results. LUA is supported but it's still a C base needed.