Z Battle and ZSNES

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Remington3763
noob

Z Battle and ZSNES

Post#1 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:02 am

I have the ZSNES Emulator and i heard from some dude is that there is a software made for the emulator to allw for online gameplay but he said that it's for 2 players. can someone give me any more info on this Z Battle software?

gamingtrucker1
dark night

Re: Z Battle and ZSNES

Post#2 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:15 am

I use retroarch to play online. It's got a snes genesis nes emulator with online netplay.
YouTube@gamingtrucker1
Twitch@gamingtrucker1

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: Z Battle and ZSNES

Post#3 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:07 pm

I dont think there is or was or will be a zsnes port for Dreamcast as a homebrew emulation release, so maybe you misread this forum section but...

There is indeed online coop play on zsnes or snes9x emulators, depending on which one is used, for years within the programs themselves.
There is no coop between zsnes and snes9x ,you have to choose one or the other, and all participants must use exactly the same emulator with the same version number and the exact same rom to play.

In the Netplay option you need to set one player as Host or Server and the other(s) as guest(s) conecting to that server.
The emulator gives you the server name and the port to use to share with the guests.

And thats it, have fun playing online as if you were side by side.