Dreamcast Phantasy Star Complete RELEASE! and multi lang update

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Phantasy Star Complete RELEASE!

Post#61 » Wed May 10, 2023 9:46 am

These CDI files included in the collection are the translated versions of the game. Each CDI file corresponds to a specific language: French, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish. Therefore, there is one CDI file for each language. I made a promise to some users to do these versions all translated roms where patched and are the work of the authors..

Download multi lang cdi's

caruse
lithium

Post#62 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:11 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Spanish version :)
I will upload all the cdi's and update the topic. Just remember english save on ps 1 and II and III will break other lang.

WOW!! How cool is that?! Thanks Ian! :D

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#63 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:15 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Translated in french is game 1 3 and 4

Oh great I found phantasy star IV (and the translation is really great).

Thank you very much :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#64 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:43 am

fafadou wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Translated in french is game 1 3 and 4

Oh great I found phantasy star IV (and the translation is really great).

Thank you very much :D

No worries https://www.romhacking.net/translations ... readme.txt is included in the french version above.

caruse
lithium

Re: Dreamcast Phantasy Star Complete RELEASE! and multi lang update

Post#65 » Wed May 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Different CD label for every language version ;)
Attachments
Phantasy CD PAL.jpg
Phantasy CD PAL - Spanish.jpg
Phantasy CD PAL - Portuguese.jpg
Phantasy CD PAL - French.jpg

Magik Leo
noob

Post#68 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Hello! First of all, thank you so much for this collection, I love it!
Second of all, I know nothing about how cdis actually work, I'm not a tech savvy person.

As a French, I was really happy to see a french version of your collection, but saddly, on the french CDI I got, PS2 is in english. So I tried to just replace the rom by a french one I had on my computer, I named the rom TMNT.GEN as it was for the english rom, and tried to build a CDI with this rom by myself. Looks like I failed, the disc is recognized as a game by my Dreamcast, but I can't get past the SEGA logo, the console reboot. I have no idea what went wrong honestly.
I only have CD-Rs (and I'm not even sure the DC can read RW), so I don't feel like rebuilding another CDI and burn it just to figure out it still wont work.

Here is the CDI, as well as the french rom I used attached below, so you can do something with it if you want :
https://mega.nz/file/Cqgn0Q5J#m1ZedU9z4 ... WhN_1uoxhg

PS: I might be stupid, but how to save ? I can savestate but the actual save feature from the games don't seems to work
PS2: Sorry for my bad english
Attachments
Phantasy Star 2 FR.zip
(466.39 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
hello

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#69 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:39 pm

Magik Leo wrote:Hello! First of all, thank you so much for this collection, I love it!
Second of all, I know nothing about how cdis actually work, I'm not a tech savvy person.

As a French, I was really happy to see a french version of your collection, but saddly, on the french CDI I got, PS2 is in english. So I tried to just replace the rom by a french one I had on my computer, I named the rom TMNT.GEN as it was for the english rom, and tried to build a CDI with this rom by myself. Looks like I failed, the disc is recognized as a game by my Dreamcast, but I can't get past the SEGA logo, the console reboot. I have no idea what went wrong honestly.
I only have CD-Rs (and I'm not even sure the DC can read RW), so I don't feel like rebuilding another CDI and burn it just to figure out it still wont work.

Here is the CDI, as well as the french rom I used attached below, so you can do something with it if you want :
https://mega.nz/file/Cqgn0Q5J#m1ZedU9z4 ... WhN_1uoxhg

PS: I might be stupid, but how to save ? I can savestate but the actual save feature from the games don't seems to work
PS2: Sorry for my bad english

Saving in games works perfect you have to save in game i show how on my site and on a video

French cdi has the french games that where translated i could patch.. Saving is not save state it's srm like battery backup .. Make sure you have enff space for each game to save as well.. Save in the inn just like on real megadrive then go to the option menu it says save changed or not then save i show it in the video and on the disk in how to save in games..

saving is like on a real machine .. go back to option menu after saving in game and save.. start face buttons once you save in the inn .. if you dont go to the option menu after saving in game course it will not save..

step 1 go to inn stay the night save..
bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-15-664.jpg

step 2 hold start and face buttons A B X Y
bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-37-533.jpg

Step 3 checks space and saves
bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-39-487.jpg

step 3 save in that menu
bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-45-557.jpg

bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-47-473.jpg

step 4 return to game..
bandicam 2023-06-23 17-52-53-920.jpg

Ps1 ps2 ps3 you have to save in the inn just like a megadrive .. ps4 can save any where but still have to go to the option menu to update the save on the vmu this how it works. It's not a save state it's memory battery backup save.. SMS and game gear is full savestate any time plus battery backup..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magik Leo
noob

Post#70 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Make sure you have enff space for each game to save as well..

It might be the issue, I only have one VMU for now, it's not full but there isnt alot of space left. I plan to buy a new one soon, I'll try again when I get it. Thanks for the tutorial!

Ian Micheal wrote:French cdi has the french games that where translated i could patch..

The rom I provided is Phantasy Star 2 patched in French, it should be possible to replace the non-patched rom from the CDI, no? I guess its more complex than it sound, it might be not that easy? I mean, I failed, so yeah...

Anyway, thank you so much for this collection, I'll buy a VMU as soon as possible to finally truly enjoy it
hello