Bangai-Oh VGA Patch

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: Bangai-Oh VGA Patch

Post#151 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:11 pm

fafadou wrote:Thank you very much for your work.

Just an ask, @Truemaster1 had patch the ip.bin and the Y1.CSV just after the 1.3 release, I don't remember what it was, but do you have use those files for the vga patch release ?

The VGA patch (i.e., v1.4) modifies 1ST_READ.BIN and OPENING.KPV (the latter of which contains the PVR of the title screen, which has been modified for v1.4). IP.BIN would only be touched to set the VGA flag, which is patching offset 0x3D with the single byte 0x31.

Y1.CSV was not at all modified for the v1.4 release.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#152 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:08 am

Here the Y1.CSV patched by @truemaster1 :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilwwbhyb ... 1.CSV/file

It's a different one from 1.4 release. It's about a password in game given directly by the 1.3 and 1.4 and not by this patch.

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#153 » Fri May 19, 2023 1:15 am

Is Seven Mansions any good? ENG + VGA ... we are eating well these days on dc island

what remains on the chopping block to do a 'VGA override' from 'composite/s video' only games?
:D

fraggle200
chill

Post#154 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:06 am

areyareadyherewego wrote:Is Seven Mansions any good? ENG + VGA ... we are eating well these days on dc island

what remains on the chopping block to do a 'VGA override' from 'composite/s video' only games?
:D

@ateam has a pretty comprehensive list here: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Dreamcast: ... GA_Patches

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#155 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:38 pm

thanks for heads up

Hydro Thunder VGA patched on a dcdigital v1 looks absolutely remarkable.

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#157 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:37 am

If I can "bump" too ^^

About Skies of Arcadia Pal

I still think that this method could be the onyl real solution to achieve Skies of Arcadia Pal VGA patch with the correct speed (unlike unfortunately the previous patches), with the possibility to have also a codebreaker code to use with original retail copies.

It's a dream, but I hope someone will make it happen.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#158 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:41 am

VirtuaShenmue wrote:If I can "bump" too ^^

I still think that this method could be the onyl real solution to achieve Skies of Arcadia Pal VGA patch with the correct speed (unlike unfortunately the previous patches), with the possibility to have also a codebreaker code to use with original retail copies.

So is the videos music or talking to faster might be able to do it all the hard way .. make the speed of the music and the speed of the videos the correct speed to work and then rebuild them all and put them back in gdi.. So same sample right but the music or videos or talking slower or faster etc but running at the correct sample rate it's possible done this on other consoles as well.. like pce

I have done this before on games.. lol..

It would be a ton of work thou lol.. Just donkey work..

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#159 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:35 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:

So is the videos music or talking to faster might be able to do it all the hard way .. make the speed of the music and the speed of the videos the correct speed to work and then rebuild them all and put them back in gdi.. So same sample right but the music or videos or talking slower or faster etc but running at the correct sample rate it's possible done this on other consoles as well.. like pce

I imagine it would be a huge work this way.

There must be a simpler way to just tell the game to change the timing ans simply use the 50hz timing even when you are in VGA mode.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#160 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:52 pm

VirtuaShenmue wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

I imagine it would be a huge work this way.

There must be a simpler way to just tell the game to change the timing ans simply use the 50hz timing even when you are in VGA mode.

For sure just thinking how it could be done if one wanted to put in the work..