Anyone interested in an Elemental Gimmick Gear ENG retranslation?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Hugh
noob

Anyone interested in an Elemental Gimmick Gear ENG retranslation?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm a Japanese-to-English translator. I've recently becomed interested in dabbling with translation patches, and one idea that came to mind was a retranslation for the English version of Elemental Gimmick Gear. I completed the Japanese version earlier this year and really enjoyed it. But I when I looked at the videos of the English version on YouTube, I found the translation quality extremely lacking. Considering the world and the characters of the game are quite charming and interesting, I feel like a big part of the appeal of the game is diminished in the English version. That's why I think a retranslation of the game would be nice.

The only thing is that I have zero experience with roms and homebrew, and I was just wondering how to learn to do all that.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Zer0
shadow

Re: Anyone interested in an Elemental Gimmick Gear ENG retranslation?

Post#2 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:05 pm

omg. i LOVE this game. my favorite DC game by far. I would be very interested in seeing this happen. Sadly, I am only a big fan and not someone in the know of that stuff. I wish you luck and if you get the foundation started, link a donation page and i'll be happy to chuck you a few bones.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Anyone interested in an Elemental Gimmick Gear ENG retranslation?

Post#3 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:18 pm

I say go for it!