Clon GDemu 5.15b (disc swap)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Darkbit
shadow

Clon GDemu 5.15b (disc swap)

Post by Darkbit »

Hello all!

I found this yesterday because I was searching for a solution to the disc swap feature from my clone gdemu 5.15b I found several things online from modifying .ini settings, soldering 2 spots in the board, trying to update (I learned it would brick) to the conclusion that was not even possible, so since I havent found a conslusive solution I've decided to go with the easiest path: modify the .ini settings and test.

I will be testing today with the game: Alone in the darkness a new nightmare.

Worth mentioning that until now the button does nothing for me is like is not even working at all and my Open/Detect settings are set to 150, so if I find something that helps I'll be updating in this post hoping I can solve it and it might be of help for someone else.

Wish me luck guys!

Darkbit
shadow

Re: Clon GDemu 5.15b (disc swap)

Post by Darkbit »

Update:
ok guys I got it solved (at least for me). At first the swap button did nothing, I thought it was broken/unconfigured.

As I mentioned, I tried first with the easiest methods (play with the .INI configuraations)

so my .INI had only this:

open_time = 150
detect_time = 150
reset_goto = 1

I changed it to this:

open_time = 1000
detect_time = 1000
reset_goto = 1

Then after several tests with Alone in the Dark a new nightmare I found that when prompted by the game to swap CD's I need to wait between 5-6 seconds, then open the lid and press the button for ~1 second and it worked! closed the lid and was able to play! I've tested this multiple times already and is working 100% of times.

Worth mentioning that cd 1 is in folder xx and cd 2 is in folder xx+1.

Hope this helps someone!