The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D Fighter]

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ZereoX
shadow

Re: The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D Fighter]

Post#11 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Very Nice! I really hope you can get this working. I can definitely see potential in an Engine like this one (SSB spinoffs).

mout
shadow

Post#12 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 am

Thanks for screenshots.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#13 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am

This is a giant leap for the Dreamcast homebrew community!

Is it (or will it be) possible to add new charakter using the SD Card adapter? Like MUGEN?

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Jenkins wrote:This is a giant leap for the Dreamcast homebrew community!

2011 is going to rock! 8-)
Jenkins wrote:Is it (or will it be) possible to add new charakter using the SD Card adapter?

I have yet to take a closer look at that. SD-compatability would be great to test characters without risking a coaster (especially if NullDC keeps being a hater), but the problem is that I would have to find some SD-libraries to use with KallistiOS. Oh, and now that I think about it, I would probably need to make/buy one of these adapters to test my code! :lol:

So if I manage to get both the libraries and an adapter, there will definitely be SD support.
Jenkins wrote:Like MUGEN?

Mostly unlike Mugen. It has been more than four years since I made my last Mugen character. I don't even remember how it works! :?
If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. Or I subconsciously remembered things about Mugen. :P
Either way, Dolmexica pwns Mugen. Not only because it is on everyone's favorite console, but also because it is going to feature a wider range of gameplay possibilities. And let's not forget: The D-Engine is open-source, so great programmers and great modders can work together to make incredible games.
For Great Justice!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Well, you better get an adapter, there is no excuse not to get one, as they are on ebay and a dedicated site now too, and has faster shipping. ;)

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-1600.html

mout
shadow

Post#16 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 am

No news ?
Video or another screen shots ?

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#17 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:08 pm

mout wrote:No news ?
Video or another screen shots ?

Nothing worthwile right now.

"Special Effects" (like Hadoukens) are added, but due to the excessive new drawing, hit detection, etc. going on, there are some minor speed issues (~50 frames per second instead of 60). They're not really that grave since the hit detection will soon be reduced to an inaccuracy of 2 pixels (everything less than 4 pixels is not noticable) like I had originally planned which will result in a speed boost of roughly 96% or more (thanks to some rad tips from Opla, the Beats of Rage main programmer).
Until those slowdowns are gone, making a trailer wouldn't be that good of an option. Oh, and I also don't have a capture card which would probably be a requirement since no fullspeed emulator can handle the alpha build. :(

Screenshots shouldn't be a problem though. I'll make a dozen of them once my new PC tool is done. Sol Badguy vs. Ken Masters, Dio Brando vs. Raiden, Remy vs. Strider... There's quite a lot of characters I'd like to test the D-Engine's limits with (and which probably look better than 16-bit Sagat vs. 16-bit Johnny Cage). :P
For Great Justice!

mout
shadow

Post#18 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for your answer. ;)

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#19 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:05 am

This appeals to me far more than BOF ever did, so good luck with the project.

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#20 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Dude, I didn't know you were into homebrew scene!

Good luck with the project.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!