Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

maverick
fire

Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 pm

You can now pop in a hacked iso of the official bleemcast disk (Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, or Gran Turismo 2), and when it asks you to insert the official ps1 game, you can insert any other ps1 game and it works (including FMV)! That's 1248 ps1 games to play on the dreamcast! Good times! :mrgreen:

Keep dreaming.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Re: Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 pm

That is totally fucking awesome !!!

Alex is a Dreamcast God... :mrgreen:
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

the one thing that isn't mentioned here is if the save feature works for all the games. if that is fixed then we are in business. either way this is awesome news. :D

edit, this was a pretty big let down. i tested around 20 games and only 2 loaded at all. out of those 2 only one actually worked and it had problems. just because Bleem! will let you try to load a game doesn't mean it will work. :x :(

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:38 am

Good got I will be testing some games now for sure!

I think we still need to try and follow the "Official Bleem! compatibility list".

http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisrev ... bility.htm

I will try out Driver 2 and see if it works.

Edit: Also make sure you burn all 3 Gary and try each game with all 3 emulator disc's. cause each version uses a different version of the emulator.

The MGS disc is supposedly the most advanced release of the emulator.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#5 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 am

Anthony817 wrote:Good got I will be testing some games now for sure!

I think we still need to try and follow the "Official Bleem! compatibility list".

http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisrev ... bility.htm

I will try out Driver 2 and see if it works.

Edit: Also make sure you burn all 3 Gary and try each game with all 3 emulator disc's. cause each version uses a different version of the emulator.

The MGS disc is supposedly the most advanced release of the emulator.
Driver 2 is one of the ones i did test and none of the versions would load it. i was really hoping that eitehr driver one or two would load, but they failed. i did notice that army men air attack worked better on the tekken disc than on the MGS disc and i think the GT one didnt load it at all, but i could be mistaken. i started getting things mixed up after the few games i had so high of hopes for failed.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:30 am

I am pulling my hair out dude. Burnt like 9 different copies of them and none work with any programs I use. I tried Alcohol, DJ and IMGBurn, and even though I get the disc to boot to the Sega screen, it always resets my DC right after.

I even went so far as to take out a good working burner from my broken PC I burnt DC games with all the time and put it in this and it still don't work for me.

I did get a little farther though, it showed the GT2 disclaimer screen for like a quarter of a second though.

I am seriously getting mad cause I am not able to burn many good Dreamcast games with the PC I have now. Never happened to me before like this.

Edit: Ok this is REALLY weird, I got the GT2 disc to burn using DJ 6 trial with making it Audio mode, Block 2352., TOC CD-DA.

Just burnt the MGS disc the same way and its FINE! If anybody else has problems like me please make sure you burn it like I did.

Next is to hunt down the games he tested as working and see how they work and if analog, fmv's and saves are working this time.

Just glad I fount it out within 10 disc's. would have hated to waste 20 cd's to find out. :roll:

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#7 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 am

that sucks that it took so many discs, hell im kicking myself in the ass for wasting 3 discs. i dont own to many psx games anymore, but when only 2% work out off my limited sample, so i have doubts that these discs will do much in their current state. we might need to tweak them more.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:06 am

Yeah, I tried Strider 2 with all 3 but the only disc that would somewhat boot it to the Capcom screen was the MGS disc, and it only showed it for a second and then blank screen.

Remember though, games that worked with the Bleem Betas won't all work with these, cause the code was completely rewritten after they scrapped the idea of 4 boot disc's for 100 games each.

I will go through my old Bleem beta iso's and see which ones boot. I really don't feel like re-burning them all since they even boot up in my Ps1.

I am downloading Command and Conquer Red Alert and gonna see how well it works with the Tekken disc like he used.

Still though, I think a shitload of testing in in order by anybody that wants to help out.

maverick
fire

Post#9 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 am

Anthony817 wrote:The MGS disc is supposedly the most advanced release of the emulator.

Nope the MGS disc was rushed out due to Sony's lawsuits. It's the GT2 disk that Rand (head programmer) was very proud of since it demonstrated the power of the emulator.

Sorry to hear about both of your problems. I expected there to be some issues since each disk is tailor-made for their specific game but not burning/loading at all is a surprise. Here is a stupid observation, the youtube video shows a PAL dreamcast, would that account for your problems?
Last edited by maverick on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep dreaming.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 am

No, I just have a finicky PC and Burner. I put a different burner in it during the night and its all working now.

I have started a compatibility list guys. Help me add on to it please?

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtop ... =27&t=3665

Interesting to note that the analog stick is also working with the GT2 boot disc and Delta Force, problem is its a FPS and only the left stick is emulated...

I'll bet saves are working but we just need to find a good enough working game.