Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

maverick
fire

Re: Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#11 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 am

Anthony817 wrote:No, I just have a finicky PC and Burner. I put a different burner in it during the night and its all working now.

Good to hear you figured it out.

In case someone wants to look through the old bleemcast forums, here is the link:

http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=25

They locked it as soon as Bleemcast went under so it is mostly filled with a bunch of threats against sony but there are a few insightful posts about the emulator.
Keep dreaming.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah I seen that, its a pretty interesting read.

Have you gotten any games to work with these disc's? I am still trying to find out about saves, but I burned like 20 disc's tonight and only a few were working towards the end, so I am pretty exhausted.

dark
Resident Evil

Post#13 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 pm

As for which might be the most advanced version:

GT2 bleemcast was the first released. Months later, MGS and Tekken 3 were released. So if they were all close variants of the same codebase, MGS or Tekken would be the more advanced.

If you get time, try out Ridge Racer T4. That game was being prepped for a later unreleased bleemcast pack, and apparently it works well on the old version of the emulator.

It would be great to have FMV and save game capabilities, that would actually make these bleem discs worth playing for more than 5 minutes ;)

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#14 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

dark wrote:It would be great to have FMV and save game capabilities, that would actually make these bleem discs worth playing for more than 5 minutes ;)
FMV's are working very well compared to not working at all in the beta's. they are far from perfect though.

Anthony817 wrote:I'll bet saves are working but we just need to find a good enough working game.
saves don't work unfortunately. here is how i tested them. i took the official bleem! and used GT2 to format VMU, then i used the cracked GT2 to load Army Men Air Attack and it fails to read the memory card to attempt to load a file. so it seems that the emulator isnt able to access the VMU for what ever reason.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Well somebody tested a Monster Rancher game with the Tekken disc and got saves working. Must be dependent on the emulator version used. Here si what they said.

monster rancher hop a bout - usa
this game play perfect, and i mean perfect, sound is on point, and the graphics looks very nice - it even saves fine.

Not sure about that myself, I didn't test the game yet. Might try it out and report my findings.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#16 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Well somebody tested a Monster Rancher game with the Tekken disc and got saves working. Must be dependent on the emulator version used. Here si what they said.
i tested every version of the newly cracked discs. maybe AMAA just doesn't work? just for kicks i tried to load GT2 using the other two cracked versions to see if i could access the memory card and they can't even load GT2 :x

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Maybe it will let you save but not load? I will burn that Monster Rancher game and let you know how it works. Already downloaded but need to burn.

It goes to check memory card and hangs. I will ask if the other guy had the same problems.

Edit: Yup he had the same thing happen when he did what I did. Sorry looks like savers are not working after all. :oops:

DoctorN
dark night

Post#18 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 pm

try doom and final fantasy 7/8/9 and megaman games for me please

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Lmao FF games don't work and Doom on Dreamcast is a direct PC port so why would you want me to waste a disc on that game?

Mega Man maybe, but I am pretty sure they don't work but we could see.

DoctorN
dark night

Post#20 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 pm

i like psx port of doom and i like the megaman games