Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Re: Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#31 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Superrayman3 wrote:
Vasiliy wrote:So old 2003 beta have better compatibility ?

Seems like the 2003 beta has beter compatibility in terms of playable games but not FMV let's hope the hackers who got the disk check hacked can hack the emu more and trick the emu into booting up more games than what the hacked disks currently do already.

This...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 am

The thing you MUST remember, is that in the beginning, the first version of Bleem was going to allow you to boot 100 PS1 games per disc. Bleem deemed it too much work to code 4 emulator discs for 100 games each, and they decided on doing it on a "Game by game basis", so, in the end, we got 3 VERY optimized boot disc's.

So, with 100% certainty, I can say that the old beta has better compatibility in game, but FMV's, saves, and analog support are nonexistent.

I can say this much though, after burning the same games Alex tested in his video, and testing them for myself, the analog stick works with any game that supports the Dual-Shock controller and will boot with the Gran Turismo 2 boot disc.

I don't know if Alex will make any more of his tests public, I would have to ask him, but he showed us what is possible.

I would love to know what else he has gotten to work.

I imagine it must have taken him at LEAST 1 week to test all his games to find even the games he showed working in the video.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#33 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 am

if someone has the first Blood Omen game Legacy Of Kain i would greatly appreciate it if the tested it for compatibility.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#34 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 am

Gary_b wrote:if someone has the first Blood Omen game Legacy Of Kain i would greatly appreciate it if the tested it for compatibility.

Can't test anything unfortunately as I can't burn anything.

I'd be interested in how Planet Of The Apes plays as it is very good on the leaked beta Bleem.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#35 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:21 am

ill probably end up buying it just to test it out. i know i could burn it, but i think its a cheap game anyway. i think i burned a copy a long time ago to test with the betas. i wonder if it still packed away someplace.

Superrayman3
fire

Post#36 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Just tested Time Crisis NTSC U and the game can be added to the list of games that don't work at all i'm gonna try Ridge Racer and if that doesn't work then i'm done with hacked bleemcast until I find a game that I not only like but actually works.
Edit: Just got done testing Ridge Racer NTSC U and it does not work. Sorry guys but this is where I'm calling it quits I don't have many cd's left and I just don't have the time to keep testing games. Hope you guys have better luck than I did

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#37 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:19 am

Damn this was kind of a bust. I forgot about it because I was scrambling for finals week and getting RDC stuff together when it released.

redlion
rebel

Post#38 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

What happened to smith? im sure that bleemcast hero would know more about this then most. i wonder if this means hacked versions of games work? tekken 3 gold? testing on that tonight.. also i think its ridge racer 4 that is perfect with the beta. also does any one know if smith wrote down how to make the beta cds selfboot?

Whut-evar
shadow

Post#39 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 am

All smith did was create single boot + game discs. He didn't modify the bleemcast files in any way.

Since the source is missing for all of these Bleemcast! discs, the only way any significant changes will be made is through reverse engineering them. That'd take way longer than actually working with sources, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lin
lithium

Post#40 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 pm

What's news? Any games can save?