Amiga Uae4all rc3 My Top 10 best working games Disk

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Sega RPG

Re: Amiga Uae4all rc3 My Top 10 best working games Disk

Post#21 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 am

I know everything, because i own a fantastic amiga 1200 and as you said, nothing beats the real thing altought emulators are nice

Anyway, yes, i spent hours trying to figuring out why games weren't showing up in the ui and then i discovered it was due to names...

It's a shame chui stopped working on those emu, i wonder why, since there was already a good start...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:14 am

247 wrote:I know everything, because i own a fantastic amiga 1200 and as you said, nothing beats the real thing altought emulators are nice

Anyway, yes, i spent hours trying to figuring out why games weren't showing up in the ui and then i discovered it was due to names...

It's a shame chui stopped working on those emu, i wonder why, since there was already a good start...

Nice an amiga 1200 :) yeah me to lol final just renamed a few by hand and they showed up.. It is a shame the src is there i can compile it but it's a big project. I dont think i could improve it much . You be surprized how many people dont even know what an amiga is.. I had the cut down version but it was upgraded an amiga 600hd with mods. This does has SD card support but i dont know if it can write to it. if so WHD support would be great but i dont have a sd card adapter for my dreamcast. I have seen on youtube lots of videos comparing the amiga to a sega megadrive saying it's worst then one.. I thought well they have never had the real machine thats for sure. the things you could do the good old days :)

I had amiga1000 first then a amiga500 then the 600 never could back then have the money for the 1200 :) One thing about this emulator that bugs me the most it says 2 emulated floppy drives I cant get this to work othet then in workbench. As diskswapping is a pain with 4 disk games if you could have dfo df1 with disk 1 and 2 it would help. so far i have not got that to work. it says press Y In workbench that kinda works.

Sega RPG

Post#23 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:32 am

well i was lucky my father was into tech so bought one, the version without hdd. A friend of mine over another fanclub bought the 100 mb hdd version back in the days, he must have paid at least millions (we had the lira as currency back then, and i suppose at least about 2000€)

As much as i love the megadrive honestly amiga is more powerful, especially in the sound departement, you can see it in golden axe where the sound is much better than the md version (altought it was programmed by dementia and probe and not by sega)

As for diskswapping, generally i just go into the menu, select another disk then re-enter the game and press confirm. It works altought it may be incovenient at times when game's names go out of the screen and you have written the disk number at the end of the name...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Yeah with the disk swapping he does say 2 emulated floppys there's only one selection pressing Y brings up savestates Even pressing Y in the rom selector does not do it.. Amiga had some of the best sound the stereo is wonderfull..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#25 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:11 pm

spent a lot of time with this emulator
the main issue is that it emulate an 1 MB CHIP Amiga with 2 drives
when instead the mainstream setting was 0.5 MB + 0.5 MB slow +1 drive

at time too the early software (A LOT) had issues to run on new RAM chips

also, i remember Kick-off 1 and other progs ie that did'nt work on two drives Amigas, you needed to detach the external one

i remember to have avoid this emulator issue (both, in some cases) dumping the entire ram with an action replay;
ie, with Shadow of the Beast, you could avoid the slow change disks/loading sequence :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm

kremiso wrote:spent a lot of time with this emulator
the main issue is that it emulate an 1 MB CHIP Amiga with 2 drives
when instead the mainstream setting was 0.5 MB + 0.5 MB slow +1 drive

at time too the early software (A LOT) had issues to run on new RAM chips

also, i remember Kick-off 1 and other progs ie that did'nt work on two drives Amigas, you needed to detach the external one

i remember to have avoid this emulator issue (both, in some cases) dumping the entire ram with an action replay;
ie, with Shadow of the Beast, you could avoid the slow change disks/loading sequence :)

Nice work there great idea if we could do this with a lot of games we could make an even better pak :) if your up for it.. it's great work since Im a big amiga fan i was planning to port this my self but i doubt it be better then this.. with it's faults it's still great for some amiga games..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#27 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:03 pm

oh man, i loved to play it too, even the faults :)
now i remember the bad pal full screen/overscreen emulation too...

atm i can't do tries with this one because i'm working only on emulators (NullDC & Demul)
and SADLY (really) this and others Chui emulators are impossible to play with those ones

but if you want, i can try to find some already dumped games, or some .cdi itself maybe
i remember a working Kick-Off and Lotus2, that normally does not run.
or, if you know some specific game that not load, i can dump it for you (it's needed WinUAE + Action Replay rom)

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#28 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:39 pm

The only Lotus II adf that works is the one patched for AGA AMIGA's.
I spent about 20 hours to test some of my favorite games and it was a pain, some disks boot then crash, some games play fine until a given point...
Lotus I and III, Lemmings 1, Jaguar XJ220 and other good titles are unplayable unfortunately.

Remember : only Amiga makes it possible !

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#29 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03 pm

They do work on demul because it supports mmu it's how i tested it.. This pak up there I use kick rom that allows other games to run Have to do more tests soon.. I think it be great to get lotus 1 and 2 and kick - off working

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#30 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:08 pm

CrashMidnick wrote:The only Lotus II adf that works is the one patched for AGA AMIGA's.
I spent about 20 hours to test some of my favorite games and it was a pain, some disks boot then crash, some games play fine until a given point...
Lotus I and III, Lemmings 1, Jaguar XJ220 and other good titles are unplayable unfortunately.

Remember : only Amiga makes it possible !

Agree for the pain :) , but as Ian already said it could be only an attempt to make a more complete 'best-of'.
I have found one of my old tiz uploads :
https://web.archive.org/web/20180816195231/http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcast/emulators/amiga-best-of-under-uae4all/
Jaguar is on the list :!: