NEOGEO CD SDL 1.0 RC2 cdda & sfx Selboot loading :) Metal slug 1 Update bugfix with video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

NEOGEO CD SDL 1.0 RC2 cdda & sfx Selboot loading :) Metal slug 1 Update bugfix with video

Post#1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:59 pm

NEOGEO CD SDL 1.0 RC2

<============================================================================================>
Well Like you know i have been finshing up my projects from 2003/2004 now this has Goodspeed Full SFX FULL CDDA and selfboot loading on one disk I have providing a selfboot version including the emulator with metal slug 1 :) watch the video to see the speed and sound on real hardware it's not perfect but it's good :) You now can have a choice between the brilliant neo4all and the Orginal first NEOGEO CD emulator for dreamcast :) Full vmu saving as well ..

I showed metal slug because it's the hardest game on the emulator most other games run really well with little slow down..

Most SFX is very good please test should work fine now on GDEMU when it says insert CD just press start :)
main.png

Video is of RC1 before the bug fix

Video metal slug 1 running on RC2 with bugfixes to screen pvr dma bi filter faster sfx and bombs and speed compare the 2 :)

Like to standalone sb with metal slug 1 this is RC1 if you did burn this then burn SS4 you can use this to swap in so you did not waste a cdr
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iuyf5j9c1 ... D.cdi/file
Credits to all the great people over the years that made it possible this was team effort :) maybe one day we can have teams like this again:)

CREDITS
-------
Troy GPF cdda kos code and lots more
Fabrice Martinez - The original NeoCD emulator
Fosters - SDL port
Caz - For the BeOS NeoCD/SDL build
Karl Stenerud - The Musashi M680x0 emulator
Neil Bradley ([email protected]) - Multi-Z80 CPU emulator
Tatsuyuki Satoh - YM2610 Mame core
Derek Liauw Kie Fa. - 2xSaI engine
Sam Lantinga (et al) - Simple DirectMedia Layer
Stef D --> both cpu cores with out his great work this still be using frameskip..
Black Aura x86 to c translation
Quzar- Region selector, frameskip, frame limiting, auto loading, many bugfixes and optimizations many other things
Mekanizer - proper vmu display

fackue for this wonderfull tool
mults 2 shifts (Kamjin) optmizing examples

Src to emulator DMA fix update And some optimization clean up Version RC2
NeoGeoCDSDL1.0.RC2.zip
(786.55 KiB) Downloaded 433 times

Plain files to make your own SB CD"S Version RC2 Fixed files
NGCDSDL[plainfiles]RC2.rar
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 402 times

I will write the guide how to create your own sb disks using bootdreams and DJ and imgburn.. maybe someone will write a tool :)

I have updated this with a bugfix z80 was running to slow and pvrdma render fix should be more speed now and faster sfx on the parts that were slow..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: NEOGEO CD SDL 1.0 RC1 cdda & sfx Selboot loading :) Metal slug 1 Plus plainfiles

Post#2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:18 pm

sweeeeeet...
Thank ya.
:)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: NEOGEO CD SDL 1.0 RC1 cdda & sfx Selboot loading :) Metal slug 1 Plus plainfiles

Post#3 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:26 pm

How to make in a simple way exact the neogeo cd iso place it in with the plain files use boot dreams to make a mds file put all the cd audio tracks then make that.. after that mount it with daemon tools open DJ create image chose the virtual drive then rip to cdi.. have a self boot with cdda standalone neogeo cd game :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:29 pm

question...what about the multi bios used for better game compatibility?
what one should be used?
could this also run aes and mvs games?
since neo geo cd is aes games with cd audio and mvs games are arcade ports of the aes games?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:54 pm

I have not tested bios's this has built in patches for some games this is a straight neogeo cd emulator could be possible just not looked into it .. Bios i inculded i know works.. When i get a chance later i will post more video's short of it running other games .. it should load almost all of them.. I know it load a few neo4all does not.. Still need to work on pvr render again bottom of the screen has error.. i have this compiled with out flag's i used before i just wanted to get it working

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Hold start button in when it first loads give you the region selector which helps for some games.

aldair
Metallic

Post#7 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Can Super Sidekicks 2 work?

Ripfire
stalker

Post#8 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aldair
Metallic

Post#9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Ripfire wrote:Thanks for the emulator, will I have iso + audio (mp3, ogg or wav) support in any future?

Gracias por el emulador, ¿En algun futuro tendra soporte a iso con audio (mp3, ogg o wav)?

This was already done to support mp3 on hd ide but made the game slow.

aldair
Metallic

Post#10 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Ripfire wrote:Thanks for the emulator, will I have iso + audio (mp3, ogg or wav) support in any future?

Gracias por el emulador, ¿En algun futuro tendra soporte a iso con audio (mp3, ogg o wav)?

Teria como fazer upload desses jogos? http://www.chilecomparte.cl/foros/topic/2517334-ripfire39s-uoneo4allaes-custom-unibios-collection/
Achava que esse forum tinha fechado!