2020 NEOGEO CD SDL [1.2][SB][v2] With video and new build plainfiles

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

2020 NEOGEO CD SDL [1.2][SB][v2] With video and new build plainfiles

Post#1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:08 am

bios2.png

Update runs near perfect on this build this is my fav baseball game of all time.. I first played it on the megadrive :) still love it funny megadrive version is not as hard..

Ps if the sfx goes off just pull the left trigger it will come back on kind of hack fix on the other builds the sfx stays off
Anyways correct sfx and 60fps :)
main.png

Youtube video of me playing

Link to SB CDI
https://www.mediafire.com/file/614pichv ... D.cdi/file
main.png

Plain files to make your own with this build
Example this plays Twinkle star sprites with the best speed slow down is the same as the real machine
NGCDSDL[1.2]SE[oc}plain.rar
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 619 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: 2020 NEOGEO CD SDL [1.2][SB][v2] With video and new build plainfiles

Post#2 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Fast note the over clock in the c68 is 15mhz from 12mhz and the timer and frame rendering have throttle to allow it so on a over clocked dreamcast you get the 240mhz it's not locked.. with this build so if you had a overclocked dreamcast this build should allow fullspeed on almost all games.. So this has throttle and if to slow it skips by 1 fps get's slower then 50fps it will skip 4.. really never runs slowe then 54fps and when it does that it's for 1 sec or less only on some games.. games that would really work better would be metal slug 1 and 2 on a overclocked dreamcast..

aldair
Metallic

Post#3 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Fast note the over clock in the c68 is 15mhz from 12mhz and the timer and frame rendering have throttle to allow it so on a over clocked dreamcast you get the 240mhz it's not locked.. with this build so if you had a overclocked dreamcast this build should allow fullspeed on almost all games.. So this has throttle and if to slow it skips by 1 fps get's slower then 50fps it will skip 4.. really never runs slowe then 54fps and when it does that it's for 1 sec or less only on some games.. games that would really work better would be metal slug 1 and 2 on a overclocked dreamcast..

Can it work in the future with this bios?

Link:http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/ngcd/

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:44 am

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Fast note the over clock in the c68 is 15mhz from 12mhz and the timer and frame rendering have throttle to allow it so on a over clocked dreamcast you get the 240mhz it's not locked.. with this build so if you had a overclocked dreamcast this build should allow fullspeed on almost all games.. So this has throttle and if to slow it skips by 1 fps get's slower then 50fps it will skip 4.. really never runs slowe then 54fps and when it does that it's for 1 sec or less only on some games.. games that would really work better would be metal slug 1 and 2 on a overclocked dreamcast..

Can it work in the future with this bios?

Link:http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/ngcd/

Yes here is the right version to use i bit modded it works now what i mean works as replacement to boot games
bios.png

Bios mod to work with this version
Debug modbios for neogeo sdl cd.rar
(355.66 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

Works but you cant really change options i will have to patch the addresses in the emulator bios code thanks for leting me know about it

I have got it to were if you hold right trigger and start it goes to the bios mod options

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:04 am

In Dreamshell is it possible to restart these games with the common controller entry (A,B,X,Y+Start) ? I need to know this because for those who have Dreamcast with HDD have to power off the console every time to play another Neo-Geo game, and the function is essential in order to prevent damage the HDD
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-