blackout!

Re: DREAM NEO CD [NAM 1975] like op wolf with video[SB][CDI]

Post#11 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Well it doesn't run bad at all, i meant slowdown, my bad

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#12 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Wow its really running great! what a badass game! really kicking ass Ian we are very impressed.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:53 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Well it doesn't run bad at all, i meant slowdown, my bad

Slow down is normal on a real neogeo cd machine have you owned one? all the games have slowdown very long load times this dont have long load times so much faster then a real machine..

anyways I rather have slowdown then dropping frames to make it look like it's running 60fps this still runs 60fps when it slows down..

CDDA music has to run at 60fps it's timing so is the sfx really 59.7 fps for the real machine 50fps for the pal
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm

deluxux wrote:Wow its really running great! what a badass game! really kicking ass Ian we are very impressed.

Thanks man I had a few people test it works great on gdemu I have thing about frameskip it makes me sick .. When i first started this projects in 2004 this emulator needed frameskip 5 to be 30fps

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#15 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Well im happy either way, ill replay it again, is it possible on that emulator to overclock?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:59 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Well im happy either way, ill replay it again, is it possible on that emulator to overclock?

Not with out recompiling it like i said this is not the final versions And i'm months a head of this version i just wanted to share

Neogeo cd SDL 1.2 runs much slower and jerky and the sfx do not sync

Dreamneo has Cycle saving sh4 math cpu upgraded version ported from neoraine

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#17 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Well thanks my good sir, right now im compiling lists for all neo geo and cd releases that are running on dreamcast

And im also testing compatibility for Bleem and making notes for each game

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Well thanks my good sir, right now im compiling lists for all neo geo and cd releases that are running on dreamcast

And im also testing compatibility for Bleem and making notes for each game

That's no problems thatt's cool Dreamneo cd is still active being the lead dev all the others are not

if you want to see frameskip breakers on the official dreamcast release that was slow it's using so much frameskip

Dreamcast neo4all

Check backgrounds skiping thats in the code not just frameskip but skiping layers
Real neogeo cd machine

Just look at the back ground when they scroll smooth fast on here no frameskip keep you eye on the backgrounds on both version..

I dont use frameskip or layer skip to look like fullspeed but jerky about .. why i dont even bother with this game yet very hard to run
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#19 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:16 pm

bjankins1 wrote:And im also testing compatibility for Bleem and making notes for each game

We have a full Bleem forum section, please take a look and don't do any work that's already done!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Neo4all aes4al has background layer skipping of 3 constant then autoframeskip on top of that so the backgrounds have frameskip so do the other parts but not all in synic.. all based on neogeo cd sdl by fosters ever emulator for dreamcast started with the same src base.. I was just the first to get it working for real on a dreamcast.. chu's work is fantastic .. I just take not the same way to render the screen at all.. dont want to see the backgrounds jerking about but at aproxx 60fps

Check the videos up there you see what i mean speed is not everything if you overclock it that can speed it up to slow it down meaning it be slower all over appear to have no slow down..

All of you done is overload the render you not see slow down but you dont get speed up when it's needed in games that use that.