SVC Chaos AES4ALL / TEST/Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: SVC Chaos AES4ALL / TEST/Dreamcast

Post#21 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:00 am

aldair wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Ok, Make it please, I was reading Chui web, but later I found some prefecht files into CDI AES4ALL colection, anyway I can not make some of these games work correctly, I am getting tired with AES4ALL!

This prefetch does not work in practice. we already have gdemu and ide could be powered by MVSPSP for dreamcast.

If you have pre built into the bin file it does not use the gdrom to read it so 100% fullspeed pre prefetching

Only why it dont work well is it's reading the rom at the same time from the same drive.. having it in ramdisk it does not and read the rom with out stopping your going to like it when i release it

Pre and emulator are held in memory only read once so gdrom or cdr can just read the rom no blocking like you see now

Works perfect in practice chui included them on the same drive yet he had the src being able to do what I'm talking about you just have rebuild the emulator include the pre in the romsdisk and done..

reading pre from the same disk is never going to work.. it will stop start cant stream 2 files at once

aldair
Metallic

Post#22 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
aldair wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Ok, Make it please, I was reading Chui web, but later I found some prefecht files into CDI AES4ALL colection, anyway I can not make some of these games work correctly, I am getting tired with AES4ALL!

This prefetch does not work in practice. we already have gdemu and ide could be powered by MVSPSP for dreamcast.

If you have pre built into the bin file it does not use the gdrom to read it so 100% fullspeed pre prefetching

Only why it dont work well is it's reading the rom at the same time from the same drive.. having it in ramdisk it does not and read the rom with out stopping your going to like it when i release it

Pre and emulator are held in memory only read once so gdrom or cdr can just read the rom no blocking like you see now

Works perfect in practice chui included them on the same drive yet he had the src being able to do what I'm talking about you just have rebuild the emulator include the pre in the romsdisk and done..

reading pre from the same disk is never going to work.. it will stop start cant stream 2 files at once

In theory everything works but in practice it never worked!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:49 am

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
aldair wrote:This prefetch does not work in practice. we already have gdemu and ide could be powered by MVSPSP for dreamcast.

In theory everything works but in practice it never worked!

Yes i know but it will now it was blocking reading off the same image .. what i just told you solves that problem..

well yes but it can and does with a simple re compile and including them off the iso and in the bin file held in a ramdisk there is no blocking and it's faster then reading off a gdemu or ide

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#24 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:05 pm

aldair wrote:

This prefetch does not work in practice. We already have gdemu and ide we need to create another MVS emulator.

Anything that means advance to Dreamcast is better than use old methods
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-