DREAMNEODS [V1.0] REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2 SD ISO [DREAMSHELL] Youtube video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

DREAMNEODS [V1.0] REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2 SD ISO [DREAMSHELL] Youtube video

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Well here is DREAMNEO DS version 1.0 RC1 First non beta version Not the full release yet this is for SD card owners and only for dreamshell CDDA is disabled on this version it allows it to work on dreamshell.. It's a rip so no cd music but all sound effects 59 to 60 fps zero frameskip Very proud of how it turned out the full release will be tommorrow for gdemu and cdr with full cdda..
video is only 29.97fps dvd recorder capture this works great on a real dreamcast this was on mine using dreamshell load times are optimized as well
Straight away you notice perfect full screen pvr dma texture rendering with SQ Looks ACE
Plain files for making your own Dreamshell neogeo cd rips also for mvs to neogeo cd conversions bang 2 busters and many more work
DreamneoV1.0 dreamshell plain files.rar
(992.09 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

Dreamshell SD working iso to test
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgbbt1x6t ... 2.iso/file

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAMNEODS [V1.0] REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2 SD ISO [DREAMSHELL] Youtube video

Post#2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 pm

This is default jap region right now just hold start in when you load it from the swap screen to change region to usa or eur etc :) I did not want to let our dreamshell sd card users go with out since few members told me the last one did not work on dreamshell i have fixed that..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#3 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Ripfire wrote:Interesting and surprising this project, I hope that one day I can add the sound tracks in games even if it is wav (12 kbps x 16000 hz @ 1 channel mono) of low quality. I will be attentive to the development ...

Interesante y sorprendente este proyecto, espero que algun dia pueda añadir la musica a los juegos aunque sea wav (12 kbps x 16000 hz @ 1 channel mono) de baja calidad. Estare atento al desarrollo...

That's a good idea for real I think developing a version just for Dreamshell is just the start

Pvr dma texture render is now fullscreen no borders
dreamneo dev proper fullscreen.png

dreamneo dev proper fullscreenff.png

Sneak peak new upgraded mess builds for dreamcast coming soon :) first time in 16 years.. 100's of old pc's and console we can emulate for the first time on dreamcast :) Total new mess build atari lynx with full gui and loads almost all games :)
atari LYNX ninja 1.png

atari LYNX ninja 2.png

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:08 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Sneak peak new upgraded mess builds for dreamcast coming soon :) first time in 16 years.. 100's of old pc's and console we can emulate for the first time on dreamcast :)

Kick ass.
so this means maybe a ti 99 4a emulator?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:40 am

SMiTH wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Sneak peak new upgraded mess builds for dreamcast coming soon :) first time in 16 years.. 100's of old pc's and console we can emulate for the first time on dreamcast :)

Kick ass.
so this means maybe a ti 99 4a emulator?

Yes it does taken a long while to update and get it working

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 am

https://github.com/ianmicheal/DREAMNEO-CD-1.0 Source code major update in 16 years release today with auto background auto frameskip like neo4all and with out it too builds you chose what you want to use i will show both running same game .. so you can see the change.. I like smooth backgrounds and all animation on the players..

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#8 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:22 am

I want a kind of compatibility where I can burn a release to disc and load the game from Dreamshell. We could stream CDDA from the disc and run the game from the serial port. This could reduce wear on laser units. Furthermore, if we could load the game from CD it could be used kind of like a boot disc instead of the Dreamshell CD or .cdi. Maybe there could be a way to load the image from SD card and use any discs CDDA audio from the CD drive? You could listen to rock music or other bands while you play Neo Geo CD. That wouldn’t be technically different than streaming CDDA from standard Neo Geo games, would it?

Also, if you burn a Dreamneo CD game and load a match, like King of Fighters (on the old version with CDDA support), if you swap that CD with another one during play, will it play the new CD’s audio or just stop playing audio altogether?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:47 pm

There is now a reboot to menu to swap just pull both triggers works on dreamshell not sure about cdr or gdemu.. with a cdr you just reboot and swap in as many games as you want at the swap screen it does not matter what game you burned self boot with it..

I'm doing video Tutorial on how to make games on both SD and cdr gdemu this should help people the swap boot disk is what dreamsneo cd is .. the added feature of selfbooting a game with it is only been since 2019..

it use to check if you lifted the lid a check that made it not work on gdemu.. You cant run cdda from the gdemu drive when your playing the game from SD card it locks the g2bus I thought of this would of been nice but it's the way dreamshell works cant use the gdrom drive once you load from the sd card dreamneo cant re int the gdrom that a feature of that program not my emulator project..

There's one version for dreamshell another for gdemu and cdr users.. hope that anwser's some things.. from gdemu it will be possible to make a swap menu like bleemshell for it ..

after i do all the videos which i have recorded and uploaded the full release will be out.. I will not include games any more that's up to you.. As this is now a legal emulator and source code.. You can load backup's and selfboot games with it and swap games in with it.. and it does act like a bootdisk turning the dreamcast into a neogeo cd console.. loading real neogeo cd games things i hope be clear soon.. thankyou..

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#10 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:There is now a reboot to menu to swap just pull both triggers works on dreamshell not sure about cdr or gdemu.. with a cdr you just reboot and swap in as many games as you want at the swap screen it does not matter what game you burned self boot with it..

I'm doing video Tutorial on how to make games on both SD and cdr gdemu this should help people the swap boot disk is what dreamsneo cd is .. the added feature of selfbooting a game with it is only been since 2019..

it use to check if you lifted the lid a check that made it not work on gdemu.. You cant run cdda from the gdemu drive when your playing the game from SD card it locks the g2bus I thought of this would of been nice but it's the way dreamshell works cant use the gdrom drive once you load from the sd card dreamneo cant re int the gdrom that a feature of that program not my emulator project..

There's one version for dreamshell another for gdemu and cdr users.. hope that anwser's some things.. from gdemu it will be possible to make a swap menu like bleemshell for it ..

after i do all the videos which i have recorded and uploaded the full release will be out.. I will not include games any more that's up to you.. As this is now a legal emulator and source code.. You can load backup's and selfboot games with it and swap games in with it.. and it does act like a bootdisk turning the dreamcast into a neogeo cd console.. loading real neogeo cd games things i hope be clear soon.. thankyou..

What I was thinking of when I said boot disc is kind of like what SNES4all does. You load the CD and you are supposed to be able to use the SD card, so I was not meaning to suggest loading the .cdi file directly through DreamNeoDS. I was thinking that you could load the emulator up through CD and instead of swapping a disc, just load the files loose from the SD card. That was why I was supposing that CDDA files could be read, because I don’t think that simply loading Neo Geo CD files from the SD card would lock out the CD drive like loading a CDI does.

Similar to how a DreamShell CD can load a CDI file, or a bin, or an ISO, or a .gdi through the SD adapter, I was suggesting that a future version of DreamNeoDS could scan directories on the SD card for Neo CD plain files. For example, a burned .cdi of Metal Slug for Neo Geo CD would play normally, but there could be an option to scan the SD card adapter for a folder with Neo Geo CD files to play that game instead, for example, Metal Slug 2 without background music. Maybe plain files?