UPDATE Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with TUTORIAL videos and all plainfiles now custom build

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

UPDATE Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with TUTORIAL videos and all plainfiles now custom build

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi, Dctalk i like to thank a lot of people first off make sure any game you make you try on nulldc first it works perfect on new version of redream 1.5 demul and nulldc.. do not burn anything till you test it on a dcemulator first please... Region is default to japan i like that because you get the blood in metal slug 1 and more gore and other things in the same game.. to change region to usa just hold in the start when you first press start at the swap screen keep it held in you come to a menu were you can change to usa.. Since it take no time to do i have left it how i tested it for months.. Easy to change region when you first boot the game so it's not a bug as such..

warning this version is not for metal slug 1 or 2 that will be a version by it's self as this does not run those well at all .. metal slug 1 and 2 turbo stand alone builds will come out soon..

Metal slug turbo overclock build also runs most games but it's faster then normal so breaks some games sound effects
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12703 smooth build for metal slug zero frameskip 60fps check out the video proof of old and new <---- downloads for build for all versions there..

Now here is both video's on how to make cdr and gdemu and sd versions
=========================================================================================
HOW TO USE TUTORIAL VIDEOS SB GDEMU CDR
=========================================================================================
Gdemu and cdr selfboot how to create neogeo cd games with the emulator with cdda music

==========================================================================================
Dreamshell how to create Neogeo cd game's rips that work on Dreamshell
==========================================================================================

DREAMNEO SD DREAM SHELL VIDEOS
All video capture is only 29.97fps
Dreamshell video of real bout fatal fury 2 to show speed

ROBOARMY SD CARD JAPAN AND USA shows region change

Dreamneo DS dreamshell 2020 super baseball.. Correct sfx and it dont turn off and on like my old beta versions did..

Dream neo SD dreamshell world heros perfect 29.97fps capture

========================================================================================================

Dream neo v1 0 dreamshell SD Kabuki Klash Far East of Eden 29.97 capture

With these video's you be able to make any game you want and we can then see what games load and dont
old version loaded 100 out of the 110 games.. Bios uploading is turned off for now it works on all emulators
So some messed loading screens title screen or missing sfx on a small amount of games will happen..

Dont worry it's not that many if a game dont work here you always have neo4all rc4 Dreamneo cd v1.0 plays some games better then neo4all rc4 like view point and some others neo4all plays some games better then it.. this is not meant to replace neo4all .. only a personal quest to get it up to that standard since dreamneo cd / neogeo cd/sdl was the first working ever neogeo cd emulator on dreamcast and i thought it was about time it showed the promise it had in 2004.. so back back from the dead.. Is there still work todo yes.. But you can play many many games at fullspeed and enjoy them..
bios.png

main.png

Plainfiles for Gdemu and cdr
=============================================================================================
Dreamneo V1.0 plainfiles Gdemu cdr.rar
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 561 times

=============================================================================================
Plainfiles for Dreamshell and sd card..
DreamneoV1.0 dreamshell plain files.rar
(992.09 KiB) Downloaded 446 times

Selfboot cdi boot disk for cdr no game have to swap real or backup
DREAMNEO V1.0 Boot disk.rar
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 606 times

Full source code
https://github.com/ianmicheal/DREAMNEO-CD-1.0
==========================================================
######################################################################

Dream neo cd for DreamCast V 1.0
######################################################################

Major update this is neogeo cd emulator for dreamcast it can selfboot games and run real neogeo cd games on dreamcast It can also be used from dreamshell and a sd card with out cdda In 2004 I ported this to dreamcast the first working neogeo cd emulator for our beloved console It can play real neogeo cd games and also selfboot on the same cdi

Based on fosters neogeocd/sdl https://github.com/joolswills/neocdsdl Disclaimer
This program requires a system rom (bios) from the original Neogeo CD console to function. This code is copyrighted and therefore you are not entitled to a copy unless you own an original Neogeo CD console.

Do not enquire where to find this file. Suffice to say that it should be called neocd.bin and should be 512kb in size.

A smaller version of this bios file exists on the internet, however this will no longer work with DREAMNEO CD(v 1.0 onwards)

DREAMNEO-CD-1.0 IS FREE, SOURCE CODE IS FREE. SELLING IS NOT ALLOWED. YOU CAN REUSE SOURCE CODE AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AS LONG AS IT IS NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

Acknowledgements (in no particular order)
Beta testers deluxux Anthony817 Freak dave bjankins1 Mathieu Peponas - The GNGEO source was really useful for information and was really open about licencing files to be compatible with NeoCD/SDL. Mrneo240 Coding advice inspiration Just a fantastic coder and freind https://gitlab.com/HaydenKow/nuquake

troy GPF Kos cdda sound help support debugging SDL

Stephane Dallongeville - C68K (68000 CPU emulator) version 0.80 Copyright 2003-2004 Stephane Dallongeville (http://gens.consolemul.com then go to the forum).

Stephane Dallongeville - CZ80 (Z80 CPU emulator) version 0.9
Copyright 2004-2005 Stephane Dallongeville (http://gens.consolemul.com then go to the forum). Moopthehedgehog Memfunctions coding advice just a great guy know's his stuff https://github.com/Moopthehedgehog

Thanks to all at the simulant discord for there help freindship advice https://gitlab.com/simulant/simulant A general purpose game engine for Linux, Android and the SEGA Dreamcast! https://discordapp.com/invite/TRx94EV A place for dreamcast dev's of all types and to help with the engine https://simulant-engine.appspot.com/

Thanks to every one at dctalk forum for love and support on all my projects index.php

quzar for being the best person to have on my team in 2004 lot's code fixes and fixed a lot of the memory functions and rendering It's now fully back from the dead again after you brought back from the dead dead thank you :)

The MAME team - For an incredible emulator, a source tree full of useful information, and for sucking away more of my time than any other computer program in years 8)

Sam Lantinga et al. - For the amazing libSDL cross-platform C library. (Only sound is used nothing else)

DC Scene - Thanks for the help translating asm to C Black aura :)

Everyone Else - Thanks for taking an interest.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with how to videos and all plainfiles

Post#2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:45 pm

I would like to start a list of games that run close to or fullspeed on this list and all games that work and the one's that dont and errors before ever making a new version.. there will be super smooth stand alone versions of metal slug 1 and 2 .. there is to much to change to keep them running good in a all round emulator.. remember my caputre is only 29.97 fps.. games i do dreamshell video's of run close to or fullspeed smooth not like in the video's nothing i can do with that.. but metal slug 1 and 2 run really jerky then super smooth then jerky on this build rc1 i have builds that run them smooth..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with TUTORIAL videos and all plainfiles

Post#4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:14 am

Here as promised is the custom Dreamneo CD v1.0 for dreamshell that runs most mvs conversions at 100% speed and sound

this version runs it better most of the time then the sold bang2busters but was a lot of work i will not included the game but show you a video ..
This also runs 10 other mvs to neogeo cd games not mvs roms with tools you can convert about 15 games i will be releasing the batchfiles with the tool to do that.. thanks to PSOBB 2009 for finding the tool.. I have been writing the batch files to auto convert the games that can be done simple as dropping the roms in and click convert.. this version also has autoframskip only skips if it does not run 60fps..
Mvs converted games have full music and sound effects making them perfect for dreamshell and dreamneo sd card version..
Here is the video of bang busters running..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:34 am

Samurai Shodown 1(spirts) running on DreamneoCD SD dreamshell course on the other version it also has full stereo cd music.. This game took a lot to get working it checks the bios it's one i have now working all zoom and proper zooom scaling is there.. Beautiful game Runs almost perfect on hardware this is only 29.97 fps capture any none smooth-ness is caused by that..

runs near perfect on hardware with the cdr or gdemu version full cd soundtrack.. japan region version mixs up the stages and has more gore.. can be changed easy by holding start as it loads from the splash swap screen..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: UPDATE Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with TUTORIAL videos and all plainfiles now custom build

Post#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:48 am

Here is Dream neo SD dreamshell Samurai Shodown III 29.97 capture proper zoom scaling and speed and layers nothing skipping..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:00 am

Ripfire wrote:Congratulations, excellent tutorial, I will be attentive to the next versions. Waiting for support for wav / mp3 / ogg files or any format that adds music to the game.

Felicitaciones, excelente tutorial, estare atento a las proximas versiones. Esperando soporte para archivos wav/mp3/ogg o cualquier formato que añada musica al juego.

Mvs conversions have full music and sfx from the sd card

course you have gdemu you get full stereo cd soundtrack right now or a cdr..

Would be nice to have mp3 support one day for SD card thank you..

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: UPDATE Dreamneo CD v1.0 rc1 release with TUTORIAL videos and all plainfiles now custom build

Post#8 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:13 am

Superb stuff as usual! 8-)

Ripfire
stalker

Post#9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:21 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#10 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Wow ! Thanks for this !!