Dreamcast HD texture packs (Links in reedit page)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

pepodmc
shadow

Dreamcast HD texture packs (Links in reedit page)

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 am

Hello, im creating HD texture packs for some Dreamcast games. I already posted some in this forum, but i updated them all and created a Reedit , posting there all new texture packs. These texture packs work with the Dreamcast emulator "FLYCAST",

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flycast_texture_packs/

All texture packs have image comparissons (before/after slider) to exactly check the difference, for example:

Soul Calibur:

https://imgsli.com/MTM3NTE/0/1

Here some images:

And this is a work in progress: Virtua Striker 2

https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzI

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Re: Dreamcast HD texture packs (Links in reedit page)

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Very good job. Can these textures be modified to run on Dreamcast?

pepodmc
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:Very good job. Can these textures be modified to run on Dreamcast?

No, because of the hardware limitations of the console.

Its for use with Flycast emulator only.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:21 am

The difference is awesome !
Very good job.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:17 pm

pepodmc wrote:
Ryo_Hazuki wrote:Very good job. Can these textures be modified to run on Dreamcast?

I was talking to skmp he says he be adding things to reicast that make adding these better your project is very cool i was talking to skmp about it

pepodmc
shadow

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
pepodmc wrote:

I was talking to skmp he says he be adding things to reicast that make adding these better your project is very cool i was talking to skmp about it

SKMP worked with flycast author "Flyinghead" in the past,but they had some differences about some things so, them split up.

And i continued after a long hiatus making texture packs for Flycast, and he had to make some fixes to how texture replacement works.

The thing is that, the "hash" (name of the textures) between Flycast and Reicast its different, and, SKPM would need to copy Flycast custom texture replacement new code, or make something to port the hash of the textures of flycast to reicast texture hash

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:00 pm

If i can give a game tip, I would like to indicate the Test Drive Le Mans. I believe it would be very beautiful with new textures of asphalt and trees.

Nobletaran
dark night

Post#8 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:06 pm

Cam u do grandia 2 and skies of Acadia and sonic 2

darkeholy
noob

Post#9 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:18 am

Please...much please make a Phantasy Star Online based on Game Cube version

Nexus222
shadow

Post#10 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am

GOOD DAY ALL!

GOOD DAY ALL! You all can call me nexus, or nex for short. I have always been the kind of person that finds some project and immediatly decides " I need to help this grow." So I have been emulating for 10+ years, and recently got in to HD TEXTURE PACKS. N64 has a wonderful selection, and not only has a large selection of games with packs, but most games have MULTIPLE packs........ and over here in the dark corner of the emulation scene, DC has like 7... and not sure if they are downloadable any more lol. SO. Because I see real potentinal in Flycast, All the amazing features it has and the versilitility it has to be run on almost anything, and as of right now... but theres still issues with compatability. Im in the process of doing loads of texture packs for DC games, and i am posting in the FLYCAST HD PACK reddit page, but i saw REICAST was trying to do txture dumping nd loading of custom packs.... What is the status with this? I have a game that fly cast has an issue with some textures, NHL2k@.... the helmets and jersyes dont load on flycast, but might on reicast if i can use reicast to dump these textures.... any insigh wouldd be great! also, check out the redit link above to see the now growing ccollection of DC texture packs. ( this is day 3 for me, so just watch every day ill have new releases and updates.)