Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

gamesreup
blackout!
Posts: 143
Contact:

Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#1 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:58 am

Hi All,

I've recently put out a video showcasing the Genesis Plus DC (Genesis Emulator for Dreamcast)

The video shows footage of the emulator running including Xenocrisis running without a single glitch from what I can tell.

Video is at the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5TGbE8XmYE&t=110s

and the link for the emulator and how to use it is at the link below

https://dcemulation.org/index.php?title=Genesis_Plus_DC

(you will need to supply your own roms, as these don't come with the emulator)

Trust me when I say it won't play everything and isn't the best emulator out there. And I know that because i've used another emulator not available to the public recently, which is basically perfect. But. Xenocrisis works perfectly, along with Sonic 2.

Enjoy all!

fafadou
Vagabond
Posts: 734

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#2 » Tue May 05, 2020 10:00 am

I enjoy xeno crisis with my megadrive mini too :-)

Hope the dreamcast version with hud and rumble pack will be release soon.
But I have no news...

User avatar
runkthepunk
core
Posts: 124

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#3 » Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 am

gamesreup wrote:Hi All,
Trust me when I say it won't play everything and isn't the best emulator out there. And I know that because i've used another emulator not available to the public recently, which is basically perfect. But. Xenocrisis works perfectly, along with Sonic 2.

Enjoy all!


The basically perfect emulator sounds very interesting!

Is there a reason it is not available to the public? Is it something that is being worked on a for future release? :?:

Thanks! :)

User avatar
CrashMidnick
dark night
Posts: 60

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#4 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm

This is by far the best Megadrive emulator available on the DC. However I wished that they could fix the « bip bip » sound in the background. I use gens4all Madrid édition when this emulator cannot do the job (biohazard battle, quackshot...)

gamesreup
blackout!
Posts: 143
Contact:

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#5 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:02 pm

runkthepunk wrote:
gamesreup wrote:Hi All,
Trust me when I say it won't play everything and isn't the best emulator out there. And I know that because i've used another emulator not available to the public recently, which is basically perfect. But. Xenocrisis works perfectly, along with Sonic 2.

Enjoy all!


The basically perfect emulator sounds very interesting!

Is there a reason it is not available to the public? Is it something that is being worked on a for future release? :?:

Thanks! :)


A dev has it set up and completed and has had for quite some years. I've got it, but can't distribute it. Maybe one day i'll be allowed to talk more about it, but at this point it's very much behind closed doors. So if you live near by, pop in. :)

User avatar
Nico0020
Toy Commander
Posts: 557

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#6 » Tue May 05, 2020 11:17 pm

gamesreup wrote:
runkthepunk wrote:
gamesreup wrote:Hi All,
Trust me when I say it won't play everything and isn't the best emulator out there. And I know that because i've used another emulator not available to the public recently, which is basically perfect. But. Xenocrisis works perfectly, along with Sonic 2.

Enjoy all!


The basically perfect emulator sounds very interesting!

Is there a reason it is not available to the public? Is it something that is being worked on a for future release? :?:

Thanks! :)


A dev has it set up and completed and has had for quite some years. I've got it, but can't distribute it. Maybe one day i'll be allowed to talk more about it, but at this point it's very much behind closed doors. So if you live near by, pop in. :)


I don't get why the DC scene has always been like this. Everything always kept secret and eventually disappears.


User avatar
Nico0020
Toy Commander
Posts: 557

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#8 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:07 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Somethings have to be like this


Yea but IF this supposed emu had been done for years, what's the point if no one knows about it or has it?

User avatar
runkthepunk
core
Posts: 124

Re: Xenocrisis on the Dreamcast - Working Genesis Emulator

Post#9 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:17 am

I am sad that the emulator isn't available for sure but I guess it is up to the developer whether they want to release it to the general public or not. Some people like trying to do something that hasn't been done before and there in lies the challenge for them and thus don't really care about wider availability.

I am speculating but there is always the possibility that this emulator uses some form of enhanced version of another developers code that they are worried about making public. I know that sounds a bit strange because the whole ROMS thing is not exactly legit anyway but to me it seems that the respect between indie developers is such that no one would want to offend or upset another individual. I seem to remember some hoohah back in the day about the Smash Pack being ripped and people saying it wasn't cool etc, essentially a commercially available game being reverse engineered to create an emulator. Something like that but my mind is hazy.

An example of this kind of contradiction is me! I play emulators on my DC but I wouldn't play Xenocrisis or Tanglewood as I know both those games are still commercially available from small indie developers and I could buy them if I really wanted to play them. (I have the Dreamcast version of Xenocrisis on pre-order) but if other people want to do it that's fine by me.

Everybody is different of course so c'est la vie

Hopefully it'll be released one day :D

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users