KOF97 Dreamneo v1.6se bootdisk and plain files real cd files

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

KOF97 Dreamneo v1.6se bootdisk and plain files real cd files

Post#1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Important

Mission statement is have Been trying to get fullspeed with out frameskip Its still not happen this release is not as fast as my custom builds of custom games it does play almost all of them. Overall emulator as such it will disappoint a lot of people

It's been a long time coming but this version plays lots of games at fullspeed and many that did not now load . It's well over 70 games it plays. This disk you can swap back ups or real games in at the swap screen also swap any neo4all cd versions games you may have burnt. The plain files you can make a selfboot iso and cd music of any neogeo cd game and mvs conversions to use on a gdemu.
main.jpg

Demo video showing it play lots of games will be posted soon showing you the upgrade over other versions this is stable and pretty much complete.. Last 10% of any emulator is the hardest to do.. This can play lots of titles at proper 60fps over vga not all may never do that.. Yes there is other emulators but i wanted to see this to a complete stable stage since it's a passion project the last 2 years it's been all me only me working on it .. taken it from no sound 30fps to well over 50fps on almost all games it plays .. using sh4 asm core that now runs just as many games as the c core did.. Source code and video demos will follow this will run on dreamshell but no cd music.. cant be helped this runs on gdemu no worries and has pvr gdemu grafix and ip bin that says the name of the emulator and not bootdreams small touches but makes it feel complete..

Over the next few months i will show all the games it works and

There is no doubt some games will have some errors or glitches due to copy protection or bios uploading and some are still slow with out frameskip..

Mission statement is have Been trying to get fullspeed with out frameskip still not happen this release is not as fast as my custom builds ofr custom games it does play almost all of them.

I have a guide on how to make a selfboot cdi with cdda on my youtube channel you can make try any game using any dreamcast emulator all now function with this
-nulldc
-Demul
-Flycast
-Redream dev build
-Reicast
-Dreamcast real hardware
-Dreamshell -- unscramble main bin / or some other way

There is no menu settings to worry about clean boots straight to swap screen press start game loads . Of course there is saving for each game if it supported it..
Important
files for plain and bootdisk marked real will load real disk games
files with out have the new feature of unlocked memory cards and need to find a /card/memcard.bin or will not work

Use the real games files for normal backup neogeo cds or neo4all cds or real games.. the other is only for unlocked memory cards use..

Major work was porting sh4 asm core having the screen rendering working with out any major problems direct sound Not the fastest version by far of it want metal slug 1 and 2 dont use it.. I have builds for games that have been shown to be good for those
Attachments
dreamneo[Realgames]Plainfiles.rar
(649.78 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Dreamneo1.6se[realgames].rar
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 439 times
DN1.6SE[bootdisk].rar
(882.7 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
dreamneo1.6se[plainfiles].rar
(649.56 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: Update fix Dreamneo v1.6se bootdisk and plain files real cd files

Post#2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Let see esta cosita Ian ! Tell me which files I must download to make some game work in Dreamshell/RetroDream ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:59 pm

This is awesome Ian!
I havent played many if any of these games before but i love that you are kicking ass with this emulator and its awesome to know that most of these feels as if they belong on the console.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#4 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

Wonderful Ian! Good work. Thank you for everything you do.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:02 am

KING OF FIGHTERS 97 DREAMNEO CD 1.6SE [60fps HDMI no frameskip]

Change to 720p 60fps on youtube for correct speed
This loads real neogeo cd games no frameskip 640x480 res pvr dma store ques sh4 asm core pvr video no SDL Kos cd loading real sector bios read on not faking no layer skip no tricks VGA works Sh4 asm drawfix
Yes it can load selfboot and you can make that to and load backups
not using frameskip to speed it up or layer skip no animations missing to speed it up ..
Talking from 2004 till 2020 now moved to fully play-able of real games if you dump your bios this is the legal emulation of neogeo console on dreamcast..
1 boot disk like bleem does not play all games perfect but pretty much 100 games load and boot and play some fullspeed some not there is no frameskip..
This demo with my proper capture and 60fps which i have never done with dreamneo CD before.. new version coming with art from dubcity :)
for gdemu and cd course works on sd card dreamshell but no cdda music...