Re: ScummDC golden age

Post#31 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:02 am

Oh wonderfull ! :-)
Thanks

robnmish
shadow

Post#32 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:17 pm

This was great to find this i was having the same issue as others building my own Scummvm disks

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#33 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm

robnmish wrote:This was great to find this i was having the same issue as others building my own Scummvm disks

late reply but thank you, please share feedback about everything you'll try :)
emulators could help a lot in doing attempts, but yes some plugins/games are a bit tough to be built/optimized on ScummVM Dreamcast

---
games added to the DC-Talk ScummVM download section (forgot to update) :

- The DIG - MULTIScummDC release
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=14059

- DRASCULA - the vampire strikes back - TEST version built with CDDA
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=14408

- Beneath a Steel Sky - VGA floppy, with added soundtrack
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=14468

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#34 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:22 am

I'm happy to say the dig and beneath a Steel Sky run like a charm :-)
I try only the scummvm 0.8.2 with the dig and i have no error during saving and auto saving but i can't load thé save.

[Édit] : i'll try with 0.11 and 0.12 version in order to be sure we can save. The main problem is i don't understand the gameplay ^^ I don't know what we have to do haha.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#35 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:34 am

fafadou wrote:I'm happy to say the dig and beneath a Steel Sky run like a charm :-)
I try only the scummvm 0.8.2 with the dig and i have no error during saving and auto saving but i can't load thé save.

[Édit] : i'll try with 0.11 and 0.12 version in order to be sure we can save. The main problem is i don't understand the gameplay ^^ I don't know what we have to do haha.

happy to know, thanks as always for the test :)

about the Dig yes, is a bit different from the classical adventures, expecially in the beginning
you need also to use the handheld(?) to call the other members of the team, at start to release some tools you need to place the two bombs on the asteroid, to destroy it.
When you'll reach the distant planet, there the game will turn more classic, but still not properly easy lol

yes, 0.11 or 0.12 are the first versions that grant to reload the gamesave

---
about Beneath a Steel Sky, i randomly discovered that the soundtrack worked so good also on DC, and also with the floppy VGA version, let's say a good surprise, finally
also, the intro is shorter than the cd-version one but imo better, due the cool music part, instead of the long and boring talked part
gg

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#36 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:57 am

kremiso wrote:---
about Beneath a Steel Sky, i randomly discovered that the soundtrack worked so good also on DC, and also with the floppy VGA version, let's say a good surprise, finally
also, the intro is shorter than the cd-version one but imo better, due the cool music part, instead of the long and boring talked part
gg

The intro is long enough with this version, the musics are awesome. I'm agree :-)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#37 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:08 am

fafadou wrote:
kremiso wrote:---
gg

The intro is long enough with this version, the musics are awesome. I'm agree :-)

consider also that you can edit the scummvm.ini file, in order to play with french subs, adding the 'language=fr' line;

or exchange it directly with this one :
SCUMMVM.INI
(92 Bytes) Downloaded 218 times

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#38 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:37 am

Oh thanks ! :-)

pafrj
shadow

Post#39 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm

thanks!

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#40 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:54 am

too bad, seems that the cdda releases do not work correctly on real hardware
i presume a not complete implementation on ScummDC

in some games partially work, like Kyrandia, in others at all, like Loom;
in Drascula, strangely just a couple plays, the rest not...

i'll update infos to the respective pages
i'll rebuild LOOM fm towns in mp3