DCMC SNES4ALL updating coming soonish

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DCMC SNES4ALL updating coming soonish

Post#81 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 pm

megavolt85 wrote:technically, I see no problem running a 32GB image

Me ether I think it's just the software not been able to boot any image on gdemu over 2gb

Same never been able to run an image over 2gb on any dreamcast emulator as well

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#82 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time [SNES4all CUSTOM HDMI 60fPS ]DREAMCAST DEV VIDEO

More sound fixes proper sound mux volume change I will not go to crazy on the sound if you hear this compared to the OG with the bang and crack every few sec you see the major upgrade on the video pretty happy with the sound right now..

Some of these impact speed a touch not much and i think it's worth the quality sound

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#83 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Do you think you could try and run some tests and see if you are able to load game images with over 2gb? If you are able to get it working it would be a huge thing for homebrew compilations. It could even prove whether or not getting a full DVD version of Riven the Sequel to MYST working via ScummVM is possible or not.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:29 am

Ian Micheal wrote:

Me ether I think it's just the software not been able to boot any image on gdemu over 2gb

:shock:

Ian I see you previously released a compilation with 159 jrpg on snes4all beta. Are any of the games from that going to be in this release?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#85 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:11 am

dubcity wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

:shock:

Ian I see you previously released a compilation with 159 jrpg on snes4all beta. Are any of the games from that going to be in this release?

In the release only games that run close to perfect will be included .. People can add use as many games as they want but if i dont optimize for them or build the right settings in they run like crap or be broken or crash or they run ok ..

But yes few are like super famicom wars which is like Advance wars and what it turned into pretty much the same game ..

Changing the setting in the menu can get you a lot of change in the games but thats not all I'm doing I'm changing buffer len sh4 cpu settings sound settings cpu defines that can only be done on build or recompiling .. 1 build does not fit all with this..

Overall emulator will still be quite an upgrade base things like better grafix less bugs almost perfect sound etc..

I want this to be the snes mini for dreamcast that came with 21 games.. My choice of games is base on how well i can optimize said game and also if it was a fav.. Some still will not be enjoy-able or to much to get running well..

Some big name games will never run to my liking

I have Improved what games it can run like sf ii alpha and host of others .. Sfx chip games forget that there is vast amount of good games that run very well now.. No matter how much work i put in your not going to play yoshi island or star fox..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#86 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:50 am

correct approach, impossible have a lone release that make run all games at best
some dedicated one for single picky games would be great too :)

first the Amiga, soon the SNES, possibly in future another 16 bit with Sega logo ? 8-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#87 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:49 am

kremiso wrote:correct approach, impossible have a lone release that make run all games at best

first the Amiga, soon the SNES, possibly in future another 16 bit with Sega logo ? 8-)

Yes started on that lol

megavolt85
Developer

Post#88 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:44 am

Anthony817 wrote:Do you think you could try and run some tests and see if you are able to load game images with over 2gb?

my 0.7.0 bootloader for HDD has no restrictions, you can run images up to 32 gigabytes

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#89 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:44 am

Ian Micheal wrote:In the release only games that run close to perfect will be included .. People can add use as many games as they want but if i dont optimize for them or build the right settings in they run like crap or be broken or crash or they run ok ..

But yes few are like super famicom wars which is like Advance wars and what it turned into pretty much the same game ..

Changing the setting in the menu can get you a lot of change in the games but thats not all I'm doing I'm changing buffer len sh4 cpu settings sound settings cpu defines that can only be done on build or recompiling .. 1 build does not fit all with this..

Overall emulator will still be quite an upgrade base things like better grafix less bugs almost perfect sound etc..

I want this to be the snes mini for dreamcast that came with 21 games.. My choice of games is base on how well i can optimize said game and also if it was a fav.. Some still will not be enjoy-able or to much to get running well..

Some big name games will never run to my liking

I have Improved what games it can run like sf ii alpha and host of others .. Sfx chip games forget that there is vast amount of good games that run very well now.. No matter how much work i put in your not going to play yoshi island or star fox..

Cool. No worries. Just curious. Everything you've shown so far has been excellent. Thank bro.

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#90 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:correct approach, impossible have a lone release that make run all games at best

Yes started on that lol

Now this is interesting! :o

Looking forward to that