Is it possible to convert a PAL disc to NTSC? The proto of that unreleased Megadrive emulator won't display

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Beefalo
lithium

Is it possible to convert a PAL disc to NTSC? The proto of that unreleased Megadrive emulator won't display

Post#1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm talking about this: https://hiddenpalace.org/Megadrive_Emulator_(Jan_15,_2001_prototype)

When I load it up via GDEMU on my Sony Trinitron, the screen constantly "skips" like an out-of-control film reel. I believe this is a 50hz vs. 60hz problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix that? Curious how this official emulator performs.

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Is it possible to convert a PAL disc to NTSC? The proto of that unreleased Megadrive emulator won't display

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 am

iirc the 50/60 Hz switch is in the emu options
i don't know how bad is the image display for you, but if you can reach the options screen...

about the emu quality itself, graphically it is very similar to the Smash Pack one
the games compatibility is not very high, many does not work at all
the bad point is the audio emulation, worse than the better emulators
GenPlus and Gens4all retromadrid edition are imo better, but i don't know if they work on gdemu

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: Is it possible to convert a PAL disc to NTSC? The proto of that unreleased Megadrive emulator won't display

Post#3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:41 am

For me it is the best SEGA 16-Bit emulator till today (together with Gens4all), very professional, all the menu animation it has but very simple too. The emulator is PAL but in Dreamshell/RetroDream I could fix it in my NTSC US console changing the loader to 8 or 10 (do not remember) because the screen showed only a half image. in Gdemu do not know I am not Gdemu user but if you have this type of opion or config you should try.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-