THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Post#1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:07 am

Big thanks to Lan-Di For finding my old stuff and keep it safe :)

I did this video talking about Wowpak mame Z which is little know compared to the normal one around.. I show old Sega arcade machines running on It and give a talk on things future past and to come :) Merry Christmas dctalk :)
You can get wowpak mame z From Lan-Di collection it includes this and many others thanks to him for putting it all together along with lot of my other old dev mame release.. and other peoples as well Great collection throw back to the past :)

Wowpak Z plays a lot of games old that dont work on other mame ports it uses newest mame src ported to dreamcast much newer then say mame4all.. It was made to play wierd and wacky games of old with updated protections etc can ran some gambling games and other things..

Collection and topic there
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12897&hilit=SGA

My download link
https://mega.nz/file/DMg0jAiJ#iklEKT7j0 ... hoSAxAxyC0

Code: Select all

Lan-Di Presents

Dreamcast Single Game Arcade - Game Galaxy Edition

This is a collection of old school Dreamcast Single Game Arcade or 'SGA' MAME ports..
There over 40 SGA(s) and general arcade emulators that have well over 2000 Rom[s].
This disc has extra content as well..

The SGA's in this edition are:

Arkanoid
Bagman
Bubble Bobble
Cadillacs Dinosaurs
Contra
Double Dragon & Double Dragon 2
DooM
Fatal Fury
Frogger
Galaga
Gradius III
Green Beret
Gunsmoke
Haunted Castle
Jackal
Kung Fu Master
Last Resort
Ladybug
Mustache Boy
Neck and Neck
Noiz2sa
Magician Lord
Paperboy
Pengo
Perfect Billiards
Phoenix
Popeye
Robocop
Rygar
Rastan
Ridge Racer
Scramble
Street Fighter II
Space Harrier
Space Invaders
Shinobi
Simpsons
Vendetta
Sky Skipper
Tapper
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willow
Windjammers
Wonderboy
X-MEN
Xevious
Xybots
Yie Ar Kung Fu
-----------------------------------------------------------

The Multi-game emulators are:

Laser DC
MAME4All Alpha 1
MAME4All Beta 2
MAIM Williams
Pac-Man Pack
SEGA System 16 B1
Taito Coin-Op Hits
WOW Pack Z
------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to do this for history and collection purposes.

Please Enjoy This!
Attachments
IMAGE21.PNG
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 10411 times

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Post#2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 pm

This is amazing, going to download it and have fun! Thanks Ian.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Post#3 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:48 pm

NeoSnk wrote:This is amazing, going to download it and have fun! Thanks Ian.

Just a bit of look back to were it all started for me lol..

sreak
shadow

Post#4 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:43 am

How different is arcade vs the Dreamcast? I know it’s not a simple plug and play but If I had one of these arcade boards like the Sega Aurora, could it run Dreamcast games? The aurora has a faster cpu etc so I would think Dreamcast games would run better.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 am

sreak wrote:How different is arcade vs the Dreamcast? I know it’s not a simple plug and play but If I had one of these arcade boards like the Sega Aurora, could it run Dreamcast games? The aurora has a faster cpu etc so I would think Dreamcast games would run better.

I dont know enff about the Sega Aurora to know about this.. sorry about that..

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#6 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Big thanks to Lan-Di For finding my old stuff and keep it safe :)

I did this video talking about Wowpak mame Z which is little know compared to the normal one around.. I show old Sega arcade machines running on It and give a talk on things future past and to come :) Merry Christmas dctalk :)
You can get wowpak mame z From Lan-Di collection it includes this and many others thanks to him for putting it all together along with lot of my other old dev mame release.. and other peoples as well Great collection throw back to the past :)

Wowpak Z plays a lot of games old that dont work on other mame ports it uses newest mame src ported to dreamcast much newer then say mame4all.. It was made to play wierd and wacky games of old with updated protections etc can ran some gambling games and other things..

Collection and topic there
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12897&hilit=SGA

My download link
https://mega.nz/file/DMg0jAiJ#iklEKT7j0 ... hoSAxAxyC0

Code: Select all

Lan-Di Presents

Dreamcast Single Game Arcade - Game Galaxy Edition

This is a collection of old school Dreamcast Single Game Arcade or 'SGA' MAME ports..
There over 40 SGA(s) and general arcade emulators that have well over 2000 Rom[s].
This disc has extra content as well..

The SGA's in this edition are:

Arkanoid
Bagman
Bubble Bobble
Cadillacs Dinosaurs
Contra
Double Dragon & Double Dragon 2
DooM
Fatal Fury
Frogger
Galaga
Gradius III
Green Beret
Gunsmoke
Haunted Castle
Jackal
Kung Fu Master
Last Resort
Ladybug
Mustache Boy
Neck and Neck
Noiz2sa
Magician Lord
Paperboy
Pengo
Perfect Billiards
Phoenix
Popeye
Robocop
Rygar
Rastan
Ridge Racer
Scramble
Street Fighter II
Space Harrier
Space Invaders
Shinobi
Simpsons
Vendetta
Sky Skipper
Tapper
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willow
Windjammers
Wonderboy
X-MEN
Xevious
Xybots
Yie Ar Kung Fu
-----------------------------------------------------------

The Multi-game emulators are:

Laser DC
MAME4All Alpha 1
MAME4All Beta 2
MAIM Williams
Pac-Man Pack
SEGA System 16 B1
Taito Coin-Op Hits
WOW Pack Z
------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to do this for history and collection purposes.

Please Enjoy This!

I'm just now seeing this video lol.. that was a good showcase for WOW PACK Z.. :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 pm

It can play a lot of wierd arcade machines very well with proper sound hehe thanks for watching

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:54 am

Should be possible to play Varth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varth:_Op ... understorm) in MAME for DC ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
sreak wrote:How different is arcade vs the Dreamcast? I know it’s not a simple plug and play but If I had one of these arcade boards like the Sega Aurora, could it run Dreamcast games? The aurora has a faster cpu etc so I would think Dreamcast games would run better.

I dont know enff about the Sega Aurora to know about this.. sorry about that..

SEGA Aurora is the SEGA System SP board (2004/2005) not many good games released (Dinosaur King maybe good)

CPU: Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISC CPU @ 300MHz
GPU: Imagination Technologies Power VR MBX+VGP @ 150MHz
SPU: ADPCM Sound system
I/O: USB and Ethernet connectors
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

ven2
rebel

Post#10 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:58 am

Awesome pack, absolutely must have for your Dreamcast. Tested on redream/flycast/demul, after that burnet this on real CD and results was great. I love to see almost every arcade mame emylator, released on DC in one package.

The only one thing which i wantet to see includes is MAME4All BETA-1. Reason fo this is there some games works better on BETA-1 than on BETA-2 (Gradius on BETA-2 have noises but BETA-1 have proper sound)... nothing deal breaking, but inclusion of beta-1 mame4all emulator inside one CD can make this pack even more spectacular :)