Attachments
Screenshot_2021-01-31_024638.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-31_024629.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-31_024618.jpg

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: PCEcast PCE CD ?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 pm

It's pretty buggy pre release but it works on real hardware the games not sure how it work on dc emulators a lot of early homebrew had problem on deamcast emulators or does not load roms or functions mine included .. Not sure what versions you have there of that emulator or if that had a proper public release..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:It's pretty buggy pre release...

for sure i remember one, it was impossible to play on a PAL Dreamcast more than 5/10 minutes, with the sound enabled;
it make crash the emulator :(

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:15 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:It's pretty buggy pre release...

for sure i remember one, it was impossible to play on a PAL Dreamcast more than 5/10 minutes, with the sound enabled;
it make crash the emulator :(

Version up there looks like the non public one to me i have that but it was only for beta testers at the time it's much more stable and plays pce cdroms fine it was later used in a homebrew sold game ..

Not sure what version that person is using .. for example new dreamneo cd does not work proper any more in nulldc redream or riecast only a real dreamcast and demul

exawatt
Anarki

Post#5 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:06 pm

hey guys do you have a link for the emulator?
I have a bunch of PCE CDR dumps to try...

kasac205
lithium

Post#6 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:26 pm

exawatt wrote:hey guys do you have a link for the emulator?
I have a bunch of PCE CDR dumps to try...

https://dcemulation.org/index.php?title=PCECast

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#7 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:48 am

seems no source code around for this emulator?
i mean, so Ian could try to improve it?
it doesn't like my DC emulators, seems another with double-buffer enabled lol

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 am

I remember reading on assemblergames about a commercial PCE emulator that sega included in a Japanese web browser. Apparently there was a service for a little while in Japan where you could download sega genesis or PCE roms from an official site and then play them on your DC. Wonder if that could be repurposes these days.

Looks like there was some info about it in this thread https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... =3&t=11528

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 am

dark wrote:I remember reading on assemblergames about a commercial PCE emulator that sega included in a Japanese web browser. Apparently there was a service for a little while in Japan where you could download sega genesis or PCE roms from an official site and then play them on your DC. Wonder if that could be repurposes these days.

Yeah but it was not as good as this it could not load pc cdrom games.. only loaded small games ..

No joke if this had the src i could fix it up the only real problem was it's unstable speed sound was all good on pce cast..

This was fixed up and used for homebrew sold release i pretty much think thats why there's no src or any other builds

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:33 am

I have the proper set up version i did for my self with all iso +wav pce cdrom games complete collection that works i post it later show it work on a video

You know how big if you use iso+wav you only fit like 1 real game sometimes 2 if you rip isos dont use the wav you can fit about 44 games

Return to “Emulation”