C64 dreamfrodo NTSC 5000+ games with download link NEW games!![talking and webcam]how to use

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: C64 dreamfrodo NTSC 5000+ games with download link NEW games!![talking and webcam]how to use

Post#21 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 am

not sure i have to check did you turn on 1541 mode on pole position 2 did you swap joysticks in the menu did you use the onscreen keyboard..

If a game is just a blue screen use 1541 mode it's in the menu so is swap joysticks.. controls dont work swap to the other port in the menu.. not on the dc..

Ghost 1
lithium

Re: C64 dreamfrodo NTSC 5000+ games with download link NEW games!![talking and webcam]how to use

Post#22 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Thanks for your answer. I try with the mode 1541. I have just an closed off who say the discs loading. But the screen stay in blue. For Babarian 2 what is the manips to enter on the game ? Another Ghosbuster when I enter space keyboard, an screen sinusoidal blurred. How to play this differents game ? It is exist a manip book for the emulator Commodore on Dreamcast for game ?

Ghost 1
lithium

Post#23 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:03 am

Hello,

For the Commodore and game, how to activate the keyboard dreamcast in menu game ? For example to Barbarian II , i have on the screen presentation. A virtual Keyboard is activate but no answer. With the real keyboard are there an enter game ? The keyboard is activate for the menu programm run. Are there an activation run for keyboard in Commodore game ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Ghost 1 wrote:Hello,

For the Commodore and game, how to activate the keyboard dreamcast in menu game ? For example to Barbarian II , i have on the screen presentation. A virtual Keyboard is activate but no answer. With the real keyboard are there an enter game ? The keyboard is activate for the menu programm run. Are there an activation run for keyboard in Commodore game ?

Did you watch the video ? need to have 1541 emulation on for most games to work and type run with the onscreen keyboard

If you type run and nothing happens you did not load the disk turn on 1541 real disk emulation ..

It works the same as commodore c64..

Not sure what your talking about..

Advanced loading and running of games video below

Many games need real disk emulation to be turn on to work.. I show it above..

I made the videos to show how to use it.. do you need a video on how to load that game i dont really understand what your saying..

Loading speed is real speed when 1541 disk loading is on means up to 5 mins etc

Ghost 1
lithium

Post#25 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:05 pm

Thanks for the second video. I speak about in option there are different choice. A choice is keyboard. Is it to activate the real keyboard of Dreamcast not the onscreen ? For Load programm, I saw with the video the run execute.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#26 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:45 am

Ghost 1 wrote:Thanks for the second video. I speak about in option there are different choice. A choice is keyboard. Is it to activate the real keyboard of Dreamcast not the onscreen ? For Load programm, I saw with the video the run execute.

if you meant the 'keyboard UI' option into the 'misc' submenu, no, it just put the virtual keyboard onscreen
frodo.PNG

the other keyboard submenu instead, is useful to assign the c64 keyboad keys to some DC controller buttons (ie to L or R triggers)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#27 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:01 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Turrican 1 is a bit more complicated and will not accept input on the title screen. The only way I have found to get this game working is by using an action replay rom dump and creating a savestate on a D64 file using the PC i did this years ago if anyone wants to help and redo this not uses pc emulators in a very long time.. then we can have working game on dreamfrodo one of the best ever made hehe..

I cant find Turrican 1 that even works on winvice past the press fire at the start menu

i'm trying something with this, i can confirm, very problematic
i think there is also some antifreeze protection inside, when you use whatever action replay like cartridge, the disk will stuck and will not load further levels

i have reached to make a .d64 image using a double step trick (after freezing everything at the game start), and the game works absolutely fine on Frodo
btw, just the first level, due the already mentioned issue

just to prove that it can somewhat work also on Frodo :)
Attachments
Turrican (Frodo test).zip
(38.93 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

turntablism
rebel

Post#28 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:39 pm

Aaahhh yeah C64 !
Bomb Jack, World Games, Boulder Dash, Forbidden Forest.
my favorite games back then.

Ghost 1
lithium

Post#29 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:54 pm

Hello, for game like golden axe, i arrived to launch the game but after the screen presentation arcade game, i m block on the screen with the words "design", what is the touch paddle or keyboard key or manip, to enter the game ? For another game Final fight, i launch the game I have a screen presentation of character to select and after when the game begin the screen is as scrambled .Do you put the Pal Format in option ?
Another game Gauntlet B1 et B2 Launch but a black screen stay ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Ghost 1 wrote:Hello, for game like golden axe, i arrived to launch the game but after the screen presentation arcade game, i m block on the screen with the words "design", what is the touch paddle or keyboard key or manip, to enter the game ? For another game Final fight, i launch the game I have a screen presentation of character to select and after when the game begin the screen is as scrambled .Do you put the Pal Format in option ?
Another game Gauntlet B1 et B2 Launch but a black screen stay ?

I will be doing a new version of the emulator soon updated from src with vga support and reu support and button for jump not just up etc..

must change to port 2 on most games it's easy in the menu..

Keep listing the none working games and i will fix them included in the next version

Thank you..