Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#31 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:49 am

lol, due my native language, surely i miss some useful infos now and then :)

in meantime, i have completed both Alien Breed 2 (first time on DC) and Rainbow Islands (first time ever!)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#32 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 am

next one

MOONSTONE
cool bloody game
nothing special here, it is the same version i had in one old best of, but works great also with the 3.5 release;
with the boot disk, you'll avoid the long intro + slow loading sequence;
after the single boot load, when it's decompacting the freezed image, insert Disk B into the first virtual floppy drive, and Disk C into the second one (pressing X on controller on emulator menu)

tested for 1 hour an a half :)

MOONSTONE.zip
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 197 times

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#33 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 am

kremiso wrote:next one

MOONSTONE
cool bloody game
nothing special here, it is the same version i had in one old best of, but works great also with the 3.5 release;
after the single boot load, when it's decompacting the freezed image, insert Disk B into the first virtual floppy drive, and Disk C into the second one (pressing X on controller on emulator menu)

MOONSTONE.zip

One of the , if not THE best game on Amiga. Thanks kremiso.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#34 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:57 am

kremiso wrote:next one

MOONSTONE
cool bloody game

MOONSTONE.zip

Top marks thank you great work :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#35 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:46 am

FlorreW wrote:...One of the , if not THE best game on Amiga. Thanks kremiso.

i like it a lot too, sadly never reached to complete it, also back in the day
the final part is very hard, here in Italy we say like "sweat seven shirts" :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#36 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:09 am

Ian Micheal wrote:...I might be able to push it to over 3 mb or 4 so you can install more to memory

a couple of great games would benefit for sure :) , ie Superfrog, or Settlers too
hope you'll reach on this

i have also another odd/picky request
do you think that would be possible to setup an NTSC Amiga instead of a PAL one, in that old emulator core?
i would like to test some ntsc versions, maybe they can run even smoothly, maybe not

ie, this Bubble Bobble version (US), it runs imo better even on pal setting, ok the music play slower, but the controls response is surely better

Bubble Bobble (US).zip
(167.41 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#37 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:46 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:...I might be able to push it to over 3 mb or 4 so you can install more to memory

a couple of great games would benefit for sure :) , ie Superfrog, or Settlers too
hope you'll reach on this

i have also another odd/picky request
do you think that would be possible to setup an NTSC Amiga instead of a PAL one, in that old emulator core?
i would like to test some ntsc versions, maybe they can run even smoothly, maybe not

ie, this Bubble Bobble version (US), it runs imo better even on pal setting, ok the music play slower, but the controls response is surely better

Bubble Bobble (US).zip

Not much point to me since the hombrew remake is better in every way then the old retail one

The official 1988 release of Bubble Bobble for Amiga by Software Creations was pretty much a straight conversion of the Atari ST version. It was by no means a bad game (it was actually pretty good), but the choppy 25 Hz refresh rate and limited animation left room for improvement.

Amiga owners knew the machine was capable of delivering a much more arcade-like experience, and now, thanks to the efforts of Pink and Abyss Corporation, we get to enjoy the conversion of Bubble Bobble the machine deserved. Tiny Bobble recreates the classic Bubble Bobble arcade game at a stunning 50 Hz refresh rate - recorded using WinUAE with 1MB A500 config - with additional graphics, music and animation that the official version lacked. The only thing missing from this release is the secret doors on levels 20, 40 and 60, but that's a small price to pay for an otherwise stellar conversion.
speed is better controls is better etc i thought you knew about this one every amiga nut should way better then what we got

this is arcade game perfectly ported! and runs perfect 50fps

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#38 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm

oh yeah, i well know how good is that remake ;)

but no, my theorical point was another, i'll try to explain better
i was wondering if reaching to set up an A500 NTSC hardware, instead of a PAL one, would help all the titles than not performs greatly on uae4all, speed talking

that Bubble Bobble example is just a comparison between the same versions (pal vs ntsc), the US version runs better than the original, little better even in PAL, a ton better in NTSC

i have a bunch of native NTSC Amiga games, that (obviously) performs better than the PAL counterpart
also, many PAL games runs a ton faster on a NTSC hw, and that could maybe help the emulator too

but i know, probably trying to reach the 60Hz will make things even worse, like ie what happens with the Snes roms in Dreamsnes

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#39 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am

kremiso wrote:oh yeah, i well know how good is that remake ;)

but no, my theorical point was another, i'll try to explain better
i was wondering if reaching to set up an A500 NTSC hardware, instead of a PAL one, would help all the titles than not performs greatly on uae4all, speed talking

that Bubble Bobble example is just a comparison between the same versions (pal vs ntsc), the US version runs better than the original, little better even in PAL, a ton better in NTSC

i have a bunch of native NTSC Amiga games, that (obviously) performs better than the PAL counterpart
also, many PAL games runs a ton faster on a NTSC hw, and that could maybe help the emulator too

but i know, probably trying to reach the 60Hz will make things even worse, like ie what happens with the Snes roms in Dreamsnes

I love to see Theme Park done :) I understand what your saying problem is when the emu boots it detects if you ntsc or pal so when i run it it forces games to be 60fps

Timing would break pretty much every game but ntsc games if it was really set up to be ntsc amiga floppy speed line rendering screen size is all not the same

Bobble bubble retail onyl runs at 25fps on hardware it always had sticky controls it's atari st straight port

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#40 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Ian Micheal wrote: it's atari st straight port

Yack ! ;)