Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#21 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:ouch, testing The Settlers atm...
no luck with this one, too much memory cached
Settlers.png

Yes you do need the exact set i included on the release not any others even boots looks like i have to included more memory in a version for it i can see how far i can push it lol

But i thought of one that really needs it

sensible soccer please pretty please hehe included set works it's just slow loading swaping

oh yes Sensible, i have done something in past also, using the Action Replay, good times :)
i'll try again with this ussload - memory eater lol
basically, more fragmented is the memory in the game, more memory eats ussload to reload it;
hope Toni will reach to improve this hard point in the next releases

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#22 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:08 am

next one

RAINBOW ISLANDS

finally unlocked this picky bastard :twisted: ,normally does not reach the main menu;
even if it does not use the extra memory at all, it is imo great to have it completely playable
one of the best arcade ports on the Amiga, if not the better one
first world preloaded in memory, tested until the second world
infinite lives cheat (you'll need them later)
insert the gamedisk at the end of the first boot loading, and press Return

Rainbow Islands_uae4all3.5.zip
(676.28 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#24 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:11 am

next

ALIEN BREED (the first one)

ready to go release, normally it does freeze into the main menu;
saved over that stuck point, directly at the beginning of the first level (also preloaded)
insert the gamedisk 2 after the first boot loading, and press Return
tested until level two
infinite lives
great game, as the sequels 8-)

Alien Breed_uae4all3.5.zip
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 215 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 am

kremiso wrote:next

saved over that stuck point, directly at the beginning of the first level (also preloaded)
tested until level two
infinite lives

great mate ::) my mum in the hosp so been hard to stay focused glad the extra ram is helping i have not been able to get you the new version as i said shes in hosp just cant think

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#26 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:24 am

Ian Micheal wrote:great mate ::) my mum in the hosp so been hard to stay focused glad the extra ram is helping i have not been able to get you the new version as i said shes in hosp just cant think

sorry to hear about your mum
you already know, no hurry at all, when you want my friend

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#27 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 am

kremiso wrote:next

tested until level two
infinite lives

These are all great job by you Mr Kremiso , but I need to ask why bother with the games that already works with different versions of the emulator ? :) (Megalomania was a improvement !)

Below is from compability list with the disc already out there (looks like shit but posting this on my phone sry)

Rc3 Alien Breed Change throttle to 0 before loading game

Rc1 Alien Breed 2

Rc3 Alien Breed Special Edition 92 Change throttle to 0 before loading game

Rc3 Alien Breed Tower Assult Change throttle to 0 before loading game

Rc3 Rainbow Island Change throttle to 0 before loading game, then increase it to 20 when game started and frameskip 1

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#28 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am

FlorreW wrote:These are all great job by you Mr Kremiso , but I need to ask why bother with the games that already works with different versions of the emulator ? :) (Megalomania was a improvement !)

Below is from compability list with the disc already out there (looks like shit but posting this on my phone sry)

Rc1 Alien Breed 2

Rc3 Rainbow Island Change throttle to 0 before loading game, then increase it to 20 when game started and frameskip 1

thank you for the question, better to clarify this point

randomly
Rainbow Island, the version posted back in the day (and built from myself) contained only the first world, this last one should let to play the entire game finally;

Alien Breed 2, skips the entire slow loading sequence (plus four disk changes at the first load!);
on RC1 you can't regulate the screen center, so this one is almost implayable (as others)

Alien Breed, just unlocked for the 3.5 release, but also ready to go, directly in the first level, less loadings

Fire and Ice, unlocked for the 3.5, bit smoother scrolling, much less loadings, first world (4 levels) precached;
works better

in general, as already said in the op, also to save a lot of slow loadings, just one load and directly in the action;
the emulator has less audio stuttering if the games have been pre-cached in memory :)

obviously i'll post here just the big titles that works better, not all the Amiga games
consider also that all these releases should work also with the previous rc3 2MB versions

EDIT added some infos/corrected errors

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#29 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:46 am

Kremiso , i did not know that the Rainbow island image asks for a program disc until i played that far myself today :D

Well , i just wanted to thank you for bringing a image that is playable (past the first world) of this great game.

I am gonna release a updated Amiga compilation when i feel it something to add / change at all , this will ofc be included with your other releases.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:53 am

kremiso wrote:
FlorreW wrote:These are all great job by you Mr Kremiso , but I need to ask why bother with the games that already works with different versions of the emulator ? :) (Megalomania was a improvement !)

Rc1 Alien Breed 2

thank you for the question, better to clarify this point

randomly
Rainbow Island, the version posted back in the day (and built from myself) contained only the first world, this last one should let to play the entire game finally;

Alien Breed 2, skips the entire slow loading sequence (plus four disk changes at the first load!);
on RC1 you can't regulate the screen center, so this one is almost implayable (as others)

Alien Breed, just unlocked for the 3.5 release, but also ready to go, directly in the first level, less loadings

Fire and Ice, unlocked for the 3.5, bit smoother scrolling, much less loadings, first world (4 levels) precached;

in general, as already said in the op, also to save a lot of slow loadings, just one load and directly in the action;
the emulator has less audio stuttering if the games have been pre-cached in memory :)

obviously i'll post here just the big titles that works better, not all the Amiga games
consider also that all these releases should work also with the previous rc3 2MB versions

EDIT added some infos/corrected errors

Yes precaching is like reading in 2 places at once it's a great idea :) system memory is faster then disk loading or gdrom access
works better