[REQUEST] Dracula X on DC: is it possible?!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

exawatt
Anarki

[REQUEST] Dracula X on DC: is it possible?!

Post#1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Hey guys

do you think it is possible to bring Dracula X on Dreamcast? For example, to bring the Pc-engine version (better than the SNES version that is cutted a lot)?

thanks for the help

Luca

[Youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=WfMknihe9B8[/Youtube]

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: [REQUEST] Dracula X on DC: is it possible?!

Post#2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:14 am

I don't know if there a pc engine emulator for Dreamcast.
But i guess yes it's possible but i don't know how to do.

fraggle200
chill

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 am

there is a PC Engine emu but from what I remember it doesn't run anywhere near fullspeed.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:39 am

Indeed i have this running but no where near fullspeed

soniccd123
dark night

Post#5 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:49 am

I've always wondered if the Dream Library PCE emulator would be able to run PC-Engine CD games. It would be a wonderful alternative of it did so. Even then, someone needs to figure how to load it and load roms on it.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#6 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:17 pm

You’re better off getting an og xbox for that, they are dirt cheap and with the correct emulator it plays pce cd and sega cd games either from an image, or straight from the disc…
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#7 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:03 am

There is DreamEngine 0.01 and PCECast emulators for DC

MondoGecko
minority

Post#8 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:18 pm

mazonemayu wrote:You’re better off getting an og xbox for that, they are dirt cheap and with the correct emulator it plays pce cd and sega cd games either from an image, or straight from the disc…

I'd also recommend the Wii as a cheap emulation box, particularly if you plan to play on a CRT. The Xbox can't do 240p IIRC.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#9 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:28 pm

MondoGecko wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:You’re better off getting an og xbox for that, they are dirt cheap and with the correct emulator it plays pce cd and sega cd games either from an image, or straight from the disc…

I'd also recommend the Wii as a cheap emulation box, particularly if you plan to play on a CRT. The Xbox can't do 240p IIRC.

True, but that's about it. an OG is way more versatile when it comes to old stuff than a Wii as a whole, for one it comes with a proper controller out of the box :lol: stuff like X68000 for example, effortless keyboard & mouse support, true light gun games (providing you have a gun off course), etc, etc...also you can do the weirdest shit in terms of shell & layout, you are only limited by your imagination and when you hook up an OG to a CRT via RGB it also looks amazing
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Not to mention, that shit is straight up X86 PC architecture so it makes porting Windows console emulators a hell of a lot easier. I love the hell out of OG Xbox, it is right up there for me beside Dreamcast as far as homebrew communities go. Still to this day PS3 emulators are limited to mostly 2D consoles save for the official PSX and PS2 emulators for it. At least on OG Xbox there are curated N64 emu packs made by the community that greatly increased compatibility for it and it can emulate a ton.

I can't wait for the latest PS4 firmware to get an exploit though, that is like the OG Xbox in terms of it being X86 architecture and ease of porting emulators to it. I am really impressed with what they have achieved on that console, full-on SteamOS support even and people playing Halo MCC on a Sony console is a very bizarre but cool thing to behold.

That being said, somebody is porting SDL over to PS2 and PS3 now so hopefully we can start seeing more complex homebrew on those systems. PS3 was also getting custom RSX video drivers and dynarec to help with more demanding emulation in the future too.